• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Contest: Hack-off II: Team Four

I am

• Total voters

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
Years
  • I mapped the starting outside maps. Those being the Shore Line and the Colosseum Tower. Here are the pics. I need someone to map the inside, though I could use the HGSS tiles provided by anonyboy.

Shore Line
    Spoiler:

Colosseum Tower
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I mapped the starting outside maps. Those being the Shore Line and the Colosseum Tower. Here are the pics. I need someone to map the inside, though I could use the HGSS tiles provided by anonyboy.

Shore Line
    Spoiler:

Colosseum Tower
    Spoiler:

The picture links are broken ): Well done for doing some mapping though.

DJTiki

Years
  • The picture links are broken ): Well done for doing some mapping though.

Now they're not :)

I don't think I did the best, but I spent four hours on the tower and two on the Shore Line. Hopefully they're okay. In the Colosseum Tower, there are cave entrance, which essentially serve as Emergency Exits! The bluer pool of water on the right leads straight to the ocean and to the Shore Line. I was thinking that the evil teak knocks you out and drifts you down the river.

EDIT: I also wish the tiles provided slightly better stairs :/

demingiscool

Mega Mewtwo Y
    Years
  • Now they're not :)

I don't think I did the best, but I spent four hours on the tower and two on the Shore Line. Hopefully they're okay. In the Colosseum Tower, there are cave entrance, which essentially serve as Emergency Exits! The bluer pool of water on the right leads straight to the ocean and to the Shore Line. I was thinking that the evil teak knocks you out and drifts you down the river.

EDIT: I also wish the tiles provided slightly better stairs :/

Those maps you made look pretty damn good.
    Maybe there could be some little changes. But its good to see you're making a begin.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    So the maps are a good base, but we need to tweak a few things to obey some mapping rules.

For one, I would drastically simplify the mountains, removing any little ridges that are going on, or making them much more significant. FR mountain tiles don't really work for little structures. We also need to make sure that there are distinct 'levels' in the map - for instance in the Tower map, at the bottom, there are six rows of stairs down the middle but the rest of the map isn't going downhill. Also there's a lot of caves...? I'd get rid of, well maybe all of them tbh - the player isn't going to have much time to explore them after all.

The shoreline needs similar changes to the mountains, as well as tweaking the sand tiles so that it doesn't have the weird water line around it. Also don't be afraid to use some straight lines, its a bit erratic at the moment.

Finally... I don't think those stairs want to go sideways, and in terms of player movements it doesn't really work anyway.

DJTiki

Years
  • So the maps are a good base, but we need to tweak a few things to obey some mapping rules.

For one, I would drastically simplify the mountains, removing any little ridges that are going on, or making them much more significant. FR mountain tiles don't really work for little structures. We also need to make sure that there are distinct 'levels' in the map - for instance in the Tower map, at the bottom, there are six rows of stairs down the middle but the rest of the map isn't going downhill. Also there's a lot of caves...? I'd get rid of, well maybe all of them tbh - the player isn't going to have much time to explore them after all.

The shoreline needs similar changes to the mountains, as well as tweaking the sand tiles so that it doesn't have the weird water line around it. Also don't be afraid to use some straight lines, its a bit erratic at the moment.

Finally... I don't think those stairs want to go sideways, and in terms of player movements it doesn't really work anyway.

I can't really change those sand tiles. There are only thirteen sand tiles and none of them had any grass in it. The only way I could do that is if I got the tile sheet and inserted them myself :/. I'll change everything else though.

DJTiki

Years
  • Redid the maps that I needed to. Still have to map the inside maps and script :(. Whether we make it or not is dependent on if I stay up doing this all night. Hopefully I can. We also need a title screen so if anyone coud mock one up, that would be nice.

DJTiki

Years
  • Ello! I really need some help if we're going to get this done on time. The outdoor maps are done, but I need help mapping the indoor maps. This would be the Break Room and The Arena. If these two maps are done, I can script a few cookie-cutter scripts (which would skip exploring the tower and jump straight to The Arena) and come back to mapping the other areas, like the entirety of the Colosseum Tower, after the deadline.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ug0be71fl4lfepa/Pokemon Titanium.zip?dl=0

This is the .zip file containing the current build of the game. The Colosseum Tower replaces 3.62 and the Shore Line replaces Route 1 at 3.19. If you want to make changes, feel free. Send it back`when you're done and I can start scripting (or just send it to JaDe or Mana, who are our official scripters). Thank you!

EDIT: I would prefer if the indoor maps replace the Trainer Tower maps (found under Header '2').

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Awkward position ><. Whilst the maps have some kind of structure, I didn't realise just how many errors there were until I opened it in A-Map. Every tree was constructed wrong, its not really your fault its just an annoying tileset to use.

Anyway, I've worked on fixing it and redoing the shore map. Unfortunately the tree error demands more space around the trees, so it was a 90% redo of the map, fixing some other litlte bits along the way. I've attached an almost complete version belowww.

I don't really have time to do the tournament area map right now... but hopefully I can do that later. I have a feeling no scripting (or very little) will get done. Leave this with me and JaDe now and we'll try and put something together.

Spoiler:

trenhoj

The Pikadex Gym leader and shiny hunter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2019
    Just got my WiFi fixed. What's going on?

anonyboy

Pokemon Aerial Emerald Creator&Pokemon Hybrid Co-C
    Years
  • Ello! I really need some help if we're going to get this done on time. The outdoor maps are done, but I need help mapping the indoor maps. This would be the Break Room and The Arena. If these two maps are done, I can script a few cookie-cutter scripts (which would skip exploring the tower and jump straight to The Arena) and come back to mapping the other areas, like the entirety of the Colosseum Tower, after the deadline.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ug0be71fl4lfepa/Pokemon Titanium.zip?dl=0

This is the .zip file containing the current build of the game. The Colosseum Tower replaces 3.62 and the Shore Line replaces Route 1 at 3.19. If you want to make changes, feel free. Send it back`when you're done and I can start scripting (or just send it to JaDe or Mana, who are our official scripters). Thank you!

EDIT: I would prefer if the indoor maps replace the Trainer Tower maps (found under Header '2').

Guys, i'm going to replace the tiles with mine, i'll send a screenshot, if you like it, i'll send a link

DJTiki

Years
  • I liked the maps Mana provided, but I much prefer using these HGSS tiles because the tileset we currently used has many errors and is annoying to use at times.

Back