• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Sword & Shield] Hacked Pokemon with website names

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
Years
  • Hacked Pokémon with website links for nicknames seem to be abundant in Pokémon Sword and Shield these days. Normally, The Pokémon Company would ban the trainer IDs that distribute them and the players that use them, but perhaps because they're focusing on developing Pokémon Scarlet and Violet right now, they're probably not too focused on it. I have noticed that I received some of these hacked Pokémon in Surprise Trade. However, I often keep the items that they're holding and release them to avoid being banned.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hacked Pokémon with website links for nicknames seem to be abundant in Pokémon Sword and Shield these days. Normally, The Pokémon Company would ban the trainer IDs that distribute them and the players that use them, but perhaps because they're focusing on developing Pokémon Scarlet and Violet right now, they're probably not too focused on it. I have noticed that I received some of these hacked Pokémon in Surprise Trade. However, I often keep the items that they're holding and release them to avoid being banned.

The weirdest thing is they'll even let you store them in HOME, but you can't trade them as there obviously is some sort of hack check there.

I haven't released any yet, but will keep the breedables for sure as I have a 6IV Ditto anyway it's basically just a shortcut if I want that species.

Might actually do a few more Surprise Trade to see if I can get some more Ability Patches!

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • The weirdest thing is they'll even let you store them in HOME, but you can't trade them as there obviously is some sort of hack check there.

I haven't released any yet, but will keep the breedables for sure as I have a 6IV Ditto anyway it's basically just a shortcut if I want that species.

Might actually do a few more Surprise Trade to see if I can get some more Ability Patches!

The banned Pokémon are even very abundant in ranked battles, which is absurd in my opinion. In Pokémon HOME, Pokémon that have nicknames that are websites are automatically flagged. This was explained when The Pokémon Company had that Pokémon HOME banwave last year. I do agree that getting them in Surprise Trade is a good way to get rare items, but I don't recommend doing that during the next generation games. They might be more likely to enforce the rules in those new games!

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    The banned Pokémon are even very abundant in ranked battles, which is absurd in my opinion. They might be more likely to enforce the rules in those new games!

You can hope! Luckily I don't think I've encountered any in my ~50 ranked battles and competitions (I play once per season on my un-travelled Shield save just for the BP hehe)

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
  • You can hope! Luckily I don't think I've encountered any in my ~50 ranked battles and competitions (I play once per season on my un-travelled Shield save just for the BP hehe)

Yeah, they definitely exist there, but I think you see less of them the higher you rank up.

You also seem to be one of the few people here that actually battle competitively. I remember one time we were supposed to have battled during that time we were making those trades for mythicals, but I think I wasn't online at the time or something. I definitely wouldn't mind doing that whenever we can one day.

Back