• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hacked Shiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedWar

Learning...
Years
  • I have picked up a couple of shinies in trades, what i want to know is if there is a way of telling if they are hacked or not. All I know is that they were hatched as an egg (at whatever route they were hatched on)... is there anyway of telling?

humanguy2000

NSMBW hacker
    Years
  • I'm not really sure, but I think there must be some way of telling. Most shinies are caught with a PokéRadar. I don't know that much about shinies, but someone else may know more than me.

RedWar

Learning...
    Years
  • I'm not really sure, but I think there must be some way of telling. Most shinies are caught with a PokéRadar. I don't know that much about shinies, but someone else may know more than me.

There is no pokeradar in the HS/SS games though

shookie

Often scatters things.
    Years
  • Check things like its EVs/IVs (requires a higher level), moveset and ability. If there are extra spaces in the name, that's a giveaway too.
    Use something like Serebii to check all of the above. If it has more than 510 EVs total or all IVs are 31, it's hacked. If it has moves that it can't learn or an "illegal" combination of moves, or if it doesn't have one of the two available abilities to its species, then it's hacked.

RedWar

Learning...
    Years
  • Cheers for the tips so far guys.

interestingly whilst discussing this i hatched a shiny charmander. My point is that whilst this is legit i know there is a AR code that allows 'all pokemon' to be shiny. does this also include hatched pokemon? if so how do you spot a hatched, level 1 poke that still has normal stats?

looking likely there is no way of telling.

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    if it is in a masterball it might be hacked too. lots of hackers just love to just have everything in masterballs (cause of the cool lights when you take out the pokemon i guess, or maybe they hacked 200 masterballs and shiny's in wild...)

NickofTime

Dancin' like a dragon
    Years
  • u know what hackers like to use... hacked cherish balls... they think we don't know -.-
    seriously yeah especially pokemon that are nicknamed that come from events.. like jirachi that is nicknamed??????? HAX RITE THERE

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • To see whether Pokemon are hacked or not, you can ask in the DPPt/HGSS Q&A thread(s).

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back