• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hacking tools for mac?

Years
  • Hi, I am wondering if anyone knows of any ROM hacking tools for mac? I have googled it but I can't find anything. I don't want to have to run a Windows emulator unless completely necessary. I heard about someone making something called iMap but otherwise nothing. If you know of anything please let me know. I run OS X 10.3.9 but I might upgrade to tiger. Thanks!

yomamathecableguy

Has a lot of projects going on
    Years
  • i found a program called RealBasic that is similar to VisualBasic (the language i write my tools in), but i couldn't get it to work out because i could not find out how to add modules to it. if someone could help me with that, it would be greatly appreciated.

bleu_cheese

Pastry Chef
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2010
    Can't you add modules in the project menu? I think there's a button for adding modules there.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I was working on Mac hacking tools a long while back, but I decided that the venture would be a waste of time.
    People could merely run a VirtualMachine or WINE if they wanted to hack. -_-;

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2009
    Heatran i don't think that's the case. Honestly i always disliked the fact that I had to run no$gba in wine when i used linux (well and the fact that i don't know of any nice gui hexeditor in linux)

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    I'm not making any promises, but I might continue my development with Mac Hacking Tools. It just depends how hard school is going to be once it starts back up again, and if I can manage the time I spend with my own hobbies.

Back