• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hacks on PSP

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2012
    Hows that:

1. Is there a way to make hacks compatible with gba for psp emulators? And if so, how?

Thanks in advance for your help and taking the time to look at this. Again i did try searching. If theres already a thread pertaining to this, please send me a link. Thank you.

Last edited:

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen today
    once you have a .gba of the hack thats all you need *you just need the patch of the hack which the game which is a beta or an alpha & once you patch and make your new hacked pokemon game you want put that in your gba emulator for psp*. some hacks dont work on the psp but most of them do.

~ hope that helps

Years
  • Use gPSP. its a really good gba emulator for the PSP. very rarely do i actually have problems on it! ive been using it for 4 years now and i still use my really old PSP just for that reason!(:

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • I agree. gPSP is one of the best emulators, I haven't found any hack related problems yet! Some people can't start certain hacks, but that's solved with easy setting adjustment.

I assume your PSP is hacked? If not, I recommend Homebrew Enablers. I'm pretty sure there's one for any of the current firmwares. If you're confused, PSP Hacks and PSP Slim Hacks are the sites I go to for info and downloads.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2012
    Yes my psp is hacked. 5.50 gen actually. Running gPSP.

I agree. gPSP is one of the best emulators, I haven't found any hack related problems yet! Some people can't start certain hacks, but that's solved with easy setting adjustment.

What adjustments are you talking about? See the porblem is i can run pokemon sienna but at a point it freezes. I cant start pokemon light platinum at all or pokemon ruby destiny LoG. SO what are these "easy setting adjustments"?

And thank you everyone for you help so far.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2012
    Ok if ANYBODY knows what U_Flame was talking about can you answer please? Im not forcing you to answer my post. Just saying.
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

XxXRy0MaEcHiZenXxX

PokeHacker!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 25, 2013
    You Have A Hacked PSP! So Its Possible To Have An Emulator In your PSP Follow My Instruction
    1.Download Gpsp
    2.Connect Your Psp Into Your Computer Then Go To The Root Of Your Memory Stick
    Then "PSP - Game" Put Your Gpsp Into The Game Folder.
    3.Download Hack Roms ( I Cannot Distribute Roms ) Then Put It In Gpsp Roms
    THERE YOU GO!

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2012
    You Have A Hacked PSP! So Its Possible To Have An Emulator In your PSP Follow My Instruction
    1.Download Gpsp
    2.Connect Your Psp Into Your Computer Then Go To The Root Of Your Memory Stick
    Then "PSP - Game" Put Your Gpsp Into The Game Folder.
    3.Download Hack Roms ( I Cannot Distribute Roms ) Then Put It In Gpsp Roms
    THERE YOU GO!

Yeah thanks for that but I knew all that already. I have gpsp, i have roms, and i have some hacked ones. I want to know what U FLame was talking about when they he/she said that some hacks cant be started unless you do some adjustments. Now if you know what those adjustments are that would be helpful.

ipatix

Sound Expert
    Years
  • You can try gpSP-J 110507. This emulator also works great but has some differences. It has some bugs the gpSP kai hasn't and vice versa.

Also this is a signed homebrew so it also works on a non hacked psp.

Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2012
    OK let me be real specific. I have a hacked PSP. Im running 5.50 Prom-4. I have gPSP.

Ive put in the Pokemon FireRed Omega hack. It works perfectly. Ive tried the Pokemon Sienna hack. It works up to a point and then freezes. I tried playing Pokemon Ruby Destiny:LoG and it loads up and then freezes with a rainbow-like screen. Ill get you a screenshot if I can.

Is there a way to make Pokemon Sienna and RD:LoG work without freezing? Is there something I need to do with RHEA to fix this porblem? Or is it something else?

OriginGiratina

Dragon-type Trainer
    Years
  • I would need some help too. I have version 6.60 and I want to transfer an emulator without hacking it, what do you recommend me to get? I tried some other emulators in the past but none of them worked because I needed to downgrade it. I still want to play new psp games, what should I do?

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    i use psp to play GBA games using an emulator called "gpsp" by kai.
    its great, theres one with cheat codes but some might not work.
    im using it for hacked roms too and it works well, no problem. also using 6.01 version.

OriginGiratina

Dragon-type Trainer
    Years
  • Great, I did it, I'm gonna transfer all the pkmn roms there, and I transfered it without doing anything special. Now, I must find out how to play gbc roms and make cheat list...

Last edited:
    Back