• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Halo Discussion

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Definitely one of my favourite franchises, I got a 360 recently and it's annoying how few people there are who still play Halo 3 online.

*Also slinks back into the darkness*

Malice.

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    I used to play Halo a lot on XBL, but its gotten boring tbh. Whenever Zombies or Grifball DoubleEXP weekend is on I'll definitely play, but otherwise, unless someone wants to play with me on another playlist, I'm usually doing something else. If you ever wanna play, add my GT (xXNiwaXx) and send me a message if I'm on, I'll hop on. But for now, I'm pretty stoked for Reach.

Is anyone gonna play Halo 2 before XBL is discontinued for original Xbox games?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I really love Halo. I have fond memories from the first title but I only got my own Xbox360 in October, and my first game was ODST. I beat the story, and dominated online for like a week XD! Im really excited for Halo: Reach though. I just want to play Firefight before it becomes obsolete.

Raaji

Back up, I got a stick!
    Years
  • It's a good game, although it has become second to me compared to Call of Duty. Added to that my main friend who played Halo 3 had his Xbox get RROD, and playing as a team is the main way to play H3 to me.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    PC version of Halo seems to still have as big a multiplayer playerbase as it did when I played it a lot some two/three years ago. Heh, I was playing it the night Halo 3 was released and they're all like "halo 3 sux", haha.
    Most of my time was ultimately spent in no shields sniper games on Blood Gulch. With the teleport mod things some servers have on the maps, you can go up on top of all the cliffs and in weird places, good fun once you work them out and can rack up a lot of kills before even being seen. I sometimes play it if I feel like playing something not so... effortful, like CoD which tends to strain the framerate.

Oh there's a video on speeddemosarchive.com of a Halo 2 legendary speedrun collab that took I think over two years to produce (they were still doing it on 360s well after Halo 3 came out); whole game in about one and a half hours. Call it extreme nerdity if you will but there are a lot of amazing tricks and things in it, well worth watching I think.

Last edited:

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    It's a mediocre series that I only play because of online capabilities and the still popular online community.
    Personally, I think it's better than CoD only because it's unrealistic; I play video games to escape reality, not to have more of it.
    I hope that I'm not the only one who is irritated at the fact that you have to tighten your muscles just so your aim is slightly better.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    May I ask how CoD is realistic? At all?
    I should have added that they try to be more realistic. After all, they take place close to the 21st century(OMG WW2 game, we never heard of that before), with not believable events happening(except for MW2, that was garbage) and your movements aren't exactly fake either. Of course, they share stupid features like almost every other FPS, but that isn't my point.

Maybe it's just the PS3 version of MW2, but I actually had to press a button(can't exactly remember) to make my aim better with the sniper rifle.

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    Personally, I think it's better than CoD only because it's unrealistic; I play video games to escape reality, not to have more of it.

I kind of agree with you there, while I don't dislike realistic games, I don't like them any better than completely insane ones. All my friends (well except one or two) complain at me for liking Halo more than CoD, saying that it sucks because it's unrealistic... So? Take Super Mario, one of the best and most popular games ever. It is a game about an Italian plumber who eats large sentient mushrooms to double in size, jumps on animal's heads and often rides an asexual dinosaur capable of eating almost anything and lay eggs at will. Does this make it a bad game?

Code

Stealcase
    Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Apr 23, 2021
    They are my favorite games. I am such a Halo fan/nerd.
    The vehicles are THE best to drive in video game history. It's so easy. Best in Halo 3.
    The whole feel of playing the game...it's just so different from the others you play....Aah, the memories. The struggle to save your warthog through as much of the level as possible in Halo 2, the co-op, the "ZOMG can Master Chief GET any cooler?" cutscenes, the grunts who spit words at you, and who terror before your might while they scream "It's the Demon!" and the satisfaction of completing an entire game on Legendary.
    best games ever.

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
    Years
  • I love Halo, I have all the comics, most of the figures, and I read most of the books. Used to have almost all the Red vs Blue too. I do have all the games, I just love the story. I'm a Halo Geek.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    I like the first 3, but I totally love the second Halo the most. I think overall it has a much more epic and adventurous feel to it, and the level designs looked really rich... especially the ones with all the stone ruins by the water.

XCHAMPX

Nazi 4 life!
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2010
    Halo and Pokemon combined

Should they combine Pokemon franchise and the Halo franchise?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Halo: Reach >>> Modern Warfare 2

If the actual game is ANY better than the Beta looks, this game is gonna be beyond phenomenal... and I know I'm gonna have to let all of my friends borrow my Halo ODST, and the shelves at all of the rental places will be empty as hell.

Back