• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Hardest RSE Gym Leader

Years
  • ^
    ^I always wondered if the game designers thought that the whole Focus Punch + Traunt was a really clever combination. Did they remove it for Emerald? It makes his last Slaking pretty useless, unless for some reason you use Disable.

I find that Wattson is the most difficult. If you started with Treecko, his Magneton is so hard to take down.

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Wattson is tough to beat if you choose Treeko catch a maukuhita (speeling error? If so my bad) or Aron or Geodude
    makes it way easier

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • Especially with that never miss Shockwave and two of his pokemon are steel wich are pretty hard to beat with the pokemon between littleroot and Mauvile

Years
  • Brawly, Norman, and Wattson all come to mind in Sapphire.

Brawly: Fighting-type that early in the game is painful, especially if you don't get a Ralts, an Abra, or Torchic, since Tailow has no resistance to fighting type moves and it's flying-type attacks aren't much better than Torchic's at this stage.

Norman: That Slaking was a wall. I don't care if you brought a fighting-type, iirc, that thing had Yawn in it's moveset.

Wattson: Good ground-types are hard to come by early in Hoenn, and that's why he makes my list.

FreakyLocz14

Conservative Patriot
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2018
    I'd say the ones who are challenging are Brawly, Norman, Winona, and Tate & Liza. All the others are a cake-walk. Roxanne is only challenging if you start with Torchic and haven't evolved it yet.

Weatherman Kiyoshi

~Having one of THOSE days
    Years
  • Tate & Liza hands down.

I was stuck on them for so long in Emerald.
    I eventually gave up on the game until I went back and beat them.

Guess I just didn't have the right movesets. :/

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Umm...Juan.

His Kingdra isn't weak to any of my pokemon normally (i usually only use Salamence as a dragon), and it spams Double Team. Tougher than the champion's Ludicolo, as Aerial Ace always dispatches it.

Lil MuDkiP849

Dream Chaser
    Years
    • NY
    • Seen Aug 12, 2021
    yea im very surprised not many people found emerald Jaun's kingdra a big pain the ass, it had double team and spammed it if it could, i had to teach my manectric roar jus so i could lure it out, weaken and paralyze it, then roar it out again when it got more double teams on its belt. other then that i thought most of the gym leaders were pretty easy bar the E4 lol

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Its a tough call.

Roxanne: Easy.
    Brawly: Really hard in Ruby, but in Sapphire I just grab a Sabeleye.
    Watson: Kinda hard without a Ground-type.
    Flannery: Pretty easy.
    Norman: Hard because his pokemon hit so hard!
    Winonna: I alway get walled by her stupid Altaria.
    Tate & Liza: I don't even wanna talk about it.
    Juan/Wallace: Easy as pie.

The one I always have problems with is Brawly, because my 'mons are so low leveled at that point.

Zan

Electric Mad!
    Years
  • for me the twins

i found Norman easy becose i had a Torkoal and i just used protect every 2 truns, easy as pie
    hmmmm pie

Hallylicious

アラン
    Years
  • TATE & LIZA are the hardest i've come across on my 2nd play-through of Emerald.
    I can kill all of their pokemon but that blasted Claydol. Xatu is easy one thunderbolt from Raichu and it is dead.

Back