• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Haruki(An OU Sun Team)

reniersnyder

The Glaceon Girl
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2018
    Inferno (Infernape) (F) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Blaze
    Shiny: Yes
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Naive Nature
    - Mach Punch
    - Overheat
    - Close Combat
    - Stone Edge

Truetales (Ninetales) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Drought
    EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Flamethrower
    - SolarBeam
    - Hypnosis
    - Sunny Day

Diggy (Dugtrio) (F) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Arena Trap
    EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Reversal
    - Earth Power
    - Stone Edge

Venus (Venusaur) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Chlorophyll
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Modest Nature
    - Sleep Powder
    - Giga Drain
    - Sludge Bomb
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Fort (Forretress) (F) @ Leftovers
    Trait: Sturdy
    EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
    Relaxed Nature
    IVs: 0 Spd
    - Rapid Spin
    - Spikes
    - Gyro Ball
    - Bug Bite

Lady (Latias) @ Focus Sash
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 56 HP / 252 SAtk / 200 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Roost
    - Psyshock
    - Hidden Power [Fire]

Please help me out. I am currently 10-9 with this team. I am willingly ready to switch out Latias with a different poke. And I really cant give you my strategy with this team is because I dont have one. I come up with one during the battle.

cbd98

A bouquet of oopsie dasies
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2021
    Personally, I don't think you should use Earth Power on Dugtrio, because you already have Earthquake and his Sp. Atk stat is pretty mediocre. Try replacing it with Sucker Punch, it's a physical move and gives it a priority move in case your opponent switches in a scarfed Pokemon.

I'd say to not use a Focus Sash on Latias, since she's a pretty defensive Pokemon and in my experience is not usually OHKO'd. Also, the EV spread seems a little strange, and I personally feel the set would work better with Latios, and maybe throw in Calm Mind too for a boost.

Latios @ Leftovers
    Trait: Levitate
    EVs: 4 SDef / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
    Timid Nature
    - Dragon Pulse
    - Roost
    - Psyshock
    - Surf / Hidden Power Fire

This is what I would recommend, because if you Calm Mind and Roost when necessary, you can set up for a sweep while still keeping the basic idea of your old set. Use Surf for threats like Heatran, or Hidden Power Fire for threats like Ferrothorn.

On Foretress, I'd say use Stealth Rock over Spikes, but that's just a personal preference. Also, maybe replace Bug Bite with Volt Switch, and because your Pokemon is slow enough it can ensure a safe switch in for another Pokemon.

I hope this helps out a little bit, and since I'm not too familiar with the other Pokemon on your team, I don't think I should be helping you out there. Anyways, good luck in the future with your team!

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
    Years
    On Dugtrio, you should be running this set:

252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe - Jolly - Arena Trap - Focus Sash
    ~ Reversal
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Stealth Rock / Memento / Sucker Punch

In the last slot, I would say use Stealth Rock so you have it on your team but the other two are pretty good alternatives. Memento can cripple a Pokemon that comes in after you KO what you initially trap and Sucker Punch is just to get some damage on a Pokemon if they happen to be Scarfed/outspeed you.

For Latias, you do have quite a few options. It checks quite a few very common threats (Breloom, Terrakion, Thundy-T, Keldeo, etc), has very nice bulk, and has some very key resistances. Most other Pokemon on your team are quite frail, so you could use Latias to set up some dual screens to help your sweepers out.

252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe - Timid - Light Clay
    ~ Reflect
    ~ Light Screen
    ~ Healing Wish
    ~ Draco Meteor

The dual screens are quite obvious, Draco Meteor is to prevent you from being complete Taunt bait, and Healing Wish can be used to give a sweeper of yours a second chance at sweeping. Though, when using Healing Wish I would be sure that you have fresh screens up before you sac your Latias. Cause, well, Latias won't be able to set screens up again XD

For Forretress, you can run a full on support set. The goal of it is to switch into a resisted move, set hazards/spin away their hazards, then run. xD

252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD - Careful - Sturdy - Leftovers
    ~ Spikes
    ~ Rapid Spin
    ~ Toxic Spikes
    ~ Pain Split / Toxic / Volt Switch

With this on your team, you'll have all 3 types of hazards. While having all 3 hazards, you'll be able to cripple their walls before they can really do anything at all. For this specific set, I would say run Pain Split. It essentially counters Ferrothorn who is the other main hazard setter in OU. You can set up Spikes/Toxic Spikes to your hearts content, Rapid Spin the opponents away, and also use Pain Split to keep yourself healthy since you'll probably be working against Leech Seed+Iron Barbs damage when you Spin.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    To add on Dy-licious' post, I don't agree with Pain Split and Toxic on Forretress. Forretress suffers horribly from 4 moveslot syndrome and can't include all its support options at once. All it should use in the 4th slot are Gyro Ball (for a strong STAB move in case Forretress gets Taunted) or Volt Switch (to escape from Magnezone and/or bringing in a teammate unscathed).

SolarBeam only sees use on offensive Ninetales. Your set is a supporting one; replace SolarBeam with Will-o-Wisp so that Ninetales can pull off a double status set.

Back