• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Has anyone else noticed this?

ChimcharFuse

Awaiting Black and White
    Years
    People keep on saying that this is a video of a rival battle in Pokemon Black and White, and using the music from this battle and calling it rival battle music.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXMcK5UxW8g
    But, if you look to the top left corner, you see a Pokeball, which in previous generations, noted the fact that you had captured the Pokemon you were battling. But, only in wild battles. Not in trainer battles.
    Also, the starters are level 50 in the video.
    If it is a rival battle, do you think that in the new games it will tell you if you've already caught the Pokemon that someone else is battling with?
    Like, for example. Trainer sends out PONYTA in Platinum. I've already caught Ponyta, yet there is no pokeball in the upper left corner. Go into tall grass, encounter Ponyta, and there's a Pokeball in the top left corner indicating that I have already caught one. But in Black and White it would be cool if a trainer sends out a Pokemon you have already obtained you see a Pokeball in the top left corner, so you know if the trainer has a Pokemon you don't.
    Maybe you can catch the starters after you unlock something in-game at level 50?
    OR-Maybe it's a Battle Frontier battle? That seems logical, because the Pokemon are both level 50. But that still doesn't explain the Pokeball in the upper left corner.

Post your thoughts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blcbUoxo_9M

yellowbird

is mother teresa. hugs.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2016

I hope so.
    I mean, that's a minor gameplay tweak over all, but I'd seriously appreciate it.
    xD

Kon~

Follow your dream to the end ~
    Years
    I would have said it's a demo. They have videos for each of the starters using the strongest super-effective move on another starter, each at level 50. It's mainly to show off the new battle camera and moving sprites using Pokémon that have already been revealed.

Back