• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Manga] Has anyone read the manga?

#Not Important

All hail the wishmaker
    Years
    I've read the whole DPPl manga, and some of the red and blue, heart Gold and soul silver, emerald.
    I really like the manga! It also follows the game's storyline more or less, which is cool

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Its funny, I ready the manga well before I knew what a manga was. My parents were just like "it likes Pokémon buy the book for it" and so they did! I remember it was an early issue about the Clefairy, but not much else.

I also remember thinking this doesn't look like the show! ヽ(≧Д≦)ノ

Ahh, to be young and naive again lol.

Years
    I love the manga I've read upto gen 5 I'm currently on the 5th issue of that.

I was late to the manga so playing catch up but I prefer it to the anime

I like all gens but my favorite was the original with red taking on the evil elite 4 and followed by gen 3. I do like how they all intertwine at some point and the characters pop back prob to promote the remake of a game, I will admit I did find gen 4 hard to get through at first with pearl and diamond little jokes they were annoying

Last edited:
    Years
    I bought the first volume of Pokemon Adventures some years ago, since I liked some of the ideas that the manga had. That said, every time I try to pick it up, I get through about 15-20 pages and realize that manga really isn't for me, which is a shame since I am interested in the stories.

pkmin3033

I've read the first part of it, but I stopped at the first Yellow chapter. It wasn't bad or anything, I'm just not overly fond of manga and I didn't really feel like reading any more of it. I have off-and-on thought about going back to it over the years, but at this was about a decade ago now it seems unlikely that I ever will, haha.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    I only got into it like a couple of weeks ago. I'd appeals to me more than the anime.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Yup. I read it and keep up with the Bulbapedia pages on the Sword/Shield arc. I've been reading since Media started releasing them normally, along with when the D/P arc was first coming around. I also read the special versions that viz released in the early 00s. I love Pokemon Special, and I'm waiting patiently for sword/shield to get released here.

I've also read Magical Pokemon Journey, Diamond and Pearl Adventure, some of Electric Tale of Pikachu...and...the horror that was Pokemon Reburst.

Years
    I didn't realize there was a manga, but have now found it on iBooks and added to my Want to Read list. Not sure when I'll actually get to it, though, since that list is getting a bit long.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
    Adventures? Yes, mostly the R/S chapter and some of D/P. I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of the early arcs in this manga due to the sheer amount of characters that turned evil for no reason, and post-B/W isn't very appealing to me either.

Other manga? Yes. I followed the updates on RéBURST back when it was in serialization (almost 10 years ago - time sure does fly!), and I really, REALLY wish I could go back to that time because I still love it. I've also read Zensho, which I liked better than Adventures for providing an interesting insight into Red's journey; Heroes of Fire and Thunder for being a unique (and thankfully Ghetsis-less) take on B/W, and Phantom Thief Pokémon 7 for not being centered around any game plots.

I have my sights on reading Golden Boys right now, but it's unfinished - and the sad thing is, the artist for this manga had concept art up to the Elite Four! Makes you wonder...

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I've read the first part of it, but I stopped at the first Yellow chapter. It wasn't bad or anything, I'm just not overly fond of manga and I didn't really feel like reading any more of it. I have off-and-on thought about going back to it over the years, but at this was about a decade ago now it seems unlikely that I ever will, haha.

Yeah, I wasn't a specific fan of the Yellow arc either, even if by the end it was quite good. GSC was great though. I think if I hadn't been so into Pokémon at the time I would only have made it as far as you.

Adventures? Yes, mostly the R/S chapter and some of D/P. I'll be honest, I'm not a big fan of the early arcs in this manga due to the sheer amount of characters that turned evil for no reason, and post-B/W isn't very appealing to me either.

All the villainy is a bit weird when you come from having only played the games and seen the anime, isn't it? I dig it though. I hadn't played any Johto-based games when I got to the GSC chapters so that was confusing for me at times. I only got as far as you too, the releases seemed to get so far behind the games, if I recall Platinum chapter wasn't in English when Black 2 and White 2 games were coming out.

Back