• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Haussmann's Renovation of Paris

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
  • ( wiki )

I mean... we gotta be based in this era, right? It's contemporary to the Meiji restoration, which is what L:A was iirc, and in terms of the (limited) visuals we were given... it do be fitting. This is what made Paris what we know it to be!

I'm not sure how the player is going to be involved in the city development but they must be, right? I'm especially interested in the focus on making green spaces and extravagant parks, which will likely be how we unlock more Pokémon throughout the game. This particular pic of Bois de Vincennes is striking to me!

600px-Bois_de_Vincennes_20060816_16.jpg

And there's a bunch of work done on running gas and electricity through Paris at this time, and the sewers get a big overhaul... let me get in there...

come think about history with me hehe :) do you think this is where we're gonna be? what stands out as an interesting thing to bring to a pokemon game from the real life era?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Given the fact that Legends Arceus was based on events in the 1800s. My guess is this game will also be based in the 1800s, which lines up with this. Especially because the blue prints were old style and not modern in the blue prints we see in the story. This, like LA, will be a prequel to X and Y.

The player could be working with the city guards or police force to bring down criminals and heal pokemon who have become enraged. As well as healing disease being spread by pokemon and maybe catching an over population of pokemon to restore a sort of balance to pokemon and human population. Which falls right in line with how Legends Arceus was.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • This can totally be, I hope not though lol. I'd like to see a future era, more than an older one again.
    given that the overarching series name is Legends, it feels to me like it invokes a dual purpose of referring to legendary pokemon but also like, The Past- exploring how legends are made or whatnot.

but mostly im quite sure this is set in the past rather than the future due to the hand-drawn plans giving way to the lumiose that we seems to know well, rather than implying that the lumiose we know will become something quite different! it falls in line with how we were first presented with L:A and in fact seems to follow the exact same theme- L:A was definitely about people learning to live in harmony with Pokémon while the Z-A trailer claims that the urban redevelopment plan is "a vision of beautiful coexistence between people and Pokémon", which is something the modern-day Pokémon world already enjoys.

Back