• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Legends: Arceus] Have you caught any alpha Pokemon?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
  • I, to be honest, just dodge and run away because they're too high leveled. Many alpha pokemon have also attacked me to the point of fainting and being sent back to the base camp. Not fun.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I used to hide from them because they looked so intimidating at the start, but after I managed to catch my first one (Not those weak ones), I realized most of them are quite dumb and slow. Now when I see red eyes I run towards them then slowly stealth up to them and catch them whilst hiding and catching/ defeating all those Pokémon around them (If any) before themselves. They're pretty easy to catch, and I don't even feed most of them (Because I am too lazy). When they find out I'll just glide away on Braviary, wait for the red eye on screen to disappear and glide back again and try again. I have caught all the static ones and managed to find and caught a lot of random Alpha spawns too.

Years
  • Multiple... the only ones that made me retreat and give up were Alpha Heracross and Alpha Snorlax.... I tossed so many dang balls at them and neither would go in. I'll go back for them at some point though....
    I've pretty much caught all other alphas I bumped into, most of which were level 40 and my highest mon at the time was level 24-26 xD

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    I'm not too far into the game, only two caught so far: a Bibarel that came with Ice Beam (didn't battle, just threw the ball unnoticed and it worked), and a Floatzel during battle inside a distortion. I've saw a few others but were too high leveled.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Quite a few. I have multiples of a couple and even used a few on my team, though the only one that's on it permanently is my max level alpha Garchomp.

Years
  • So far just Bibarel. I did run into an Alpha Floatzel but it destroyed my team because it's level was much higher than mine was, so after that I ran away

Years
  • Gosh, tons. I'm using a few on my team now. I love all of them but my alpha Raichu is my favorite because he is beeg and cute! I also love alpha babies because they're funny in that form, but haven't gotten many yet.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I got a bunch of them. They're both the static and the dynamic ones. My highest level one is gastrodon which I caught at level 61 (I even have another alpha Shellos). But I also have a Goodra (the Sliggo one which took two tries because apparently Steel Beam does recoil damage) and Togekiss (looked for a Togepi and ran into an alpha version of it) on my team. I also had that Rapidash, a Graveler and a bunch of other early encounter alphas.

Given that I'm only at the end of the third area I think I'm doing alright.

Cid

Years
  • I have a couple. My most notable ones are Wyrdeer and Gardevoir for strong style Hypnosis and Garchomp for False Swipe. Alpha Wyrdeer I caught as a Stantler in Obsidian Fieldlands, while alpha Gardevoir and Garchomp I caught as they are in Alabaster Icelands.

Nowadays I don't really feel the need to always have Hypnosis and False Swipe, since Sticky Globs do the trick, too, outside of battle. Still, they were nice to have back when I didn't know how to reliably catch aggressive Pokémon without starting a Pokémon battle. I've yet to catch a shiny alpha Pokémon-- those seem to be this game's rarest spawn, especially ones that aren't static alphas. I'm looking forward to the day I catch my first. :)

Years
  • I caught the Alpha Machoke by using the berry technique! I was surprised how well that worked in my favor.

Years
  • I just caught an alpha Scyther I randomly ran into in the Obsidian Fieldlands, it was level 42, my team is around level 30

Years
    • Age 20
    • He/they
    • Ohio
    • Seen Jun 9, 2023
    That Alpha Gallade in Snowpoint Temple was a pain to catch and it ended up slaughtering my entire party.

That being said, I managed to get it with a Leaden Ball.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • In the beginning, I would avoid alpha Pokemon at all costs. Now that my team is properly leveled, I make it a habit to catch/defeat alpha Pokemon along the way. It provides that additional challenge. I ended up using the early alpha Snorlax on my team, but later boxed it. I don't have any alpha Pokemon on my end-game team. My Pokemon worked too hard to be replaced by alpha versions of themselves.

Back