• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever being affected by animes to do something in your real life?

Years
    Hello everyone i just had a random idea that was in my endless field of creativity and knowledge (that's how i describe my mind lol) and want to ask have you already seen an anime/manga or you currently watch that you have seen something there and you like it a lot and wanna do it in real life? For example i have been rewatching Rurouni Kenshin my favorite anime and i'm so pumped to go to a sword school :). Or another example is that i finished Aoki Densetsu Shoot took a ball and shoot with full throttle although the ball ended up to a nasty neighbour who took a knife and kaput the soccer ball lol. So what are yours?

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
    Years
    Most of my stuff is silly and trivial at best. But it worked right?

1) Get in Shape through Boxing thanks to Hajime no Ippo. I mean Rocky already did it for me but Ippo further reinforced it because ya know Boxing in fictional media is cooler than IRL Boxing most of the time.

2) Cosplay or like the said activity and culture? Does that count?

3) OH MAN THANKS TO DEATH NOTE, I ACTUALLY BOUGHT A BLACK NOTEBOOK AND LABELLED IT PROPERLY. THEN I WAS SENT TO JAIL FOR POSSESSION OF A DEADLY WEAPON. During high school, anime and manga inspired me to draw and put more effort in doing such. Heck I have a few drawings lying around my photobucket. If i want to be inspired to draw something, I watch an anime or read some manga and look for inspiration.

or maybe were you looking for something like this:
    Spoiler:

The things that helped me inspire to do stuff when i was younger. A&M was a small part of it though

Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2023
    Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso inspired me to pick up piano again after having quit. I have since quit again, but I think it's pretty significant.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
    Pretty much the same as Pleasure, relearning to pickup piano again in the few bits of the spare time I actually have.

Shokugeki no soma has made me able too cook more - without the literal foodgasms of course.

Years
    Actually, while not really a passion thing, I did give an attempt to that finger-stretching technique that Azusa demonstrated in something like Episode 7 of the second season of K-On!!. That's actually pretty hard to replicate.

Years
    • Seen Jun 18, 2016
    Sports anime makes me want to pick up said sport, but then I stop dreaming for a second and remember my friends are all nerds who don't like sport. Can't join team things either :(

Back