• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever regretted your old threads?

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    I've been traveling this road too long... (too long...)
    Just trying to find my way back home... (Back home...)
    The old me is dead and gone...
    dead and gone...

So basically, yeah, what the title says, any old threads you regret?

For me, with the exception with my forum game posts, I still actually like those, I fucking despise 85% of the threads I made in the first 9 months I was on this site. There are also MANY old posts that I also regret immensely. I recall even owning a list so vile and abhorrent back in the beginning of 4 years ago. It was bad to begin with until some dumbass revived it and it followed a ridiculously immature debate where everyone including myself acted like heartless morons. I'm not even going to describe that putrid thread. I loathe that stupid thread so damn much, I swear to god NOBODY ever finds it. Don't you guys dare get curious to find out about it, I want that thing to rot in the pits of tartarus where hopefully nobody knows about it.

So back on track, any old stuff you did here that you look down upon now?

not often for threads I make themselves, since those were mostly discussion topics for people to reply to and hard to regret (fairly simple ones too, or ones that weren't too strange to be regretful over)! i dooo remember making a game in the art & design forum (then called art gallery) like 6 years ago though, and it got no replies lol. that was embarrassing and I regretted making it :D used to have some regret over posts I made ages back too but those are so old that I forgot about them for the most part now. occasionally running into old posts where I used "XD" and "n___n" is still odd though lol, since I never type that way anymore.

and god apparently I used to write pokémon names in japanese too. so luxray became rentoraa, flygon became furaigon, etc. that was cringe and def a regret

Years
    Nope, there are times where I think I could have phrased things more eloquently or spoken with more sensitivity to avoid a situation escalating, or in retrospect remembered another detail that I wish I had added to make a more complete statement. But there aren't any situations that I recall where I regret sharing my opinion completely. I never say things that I don't mean.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    For me it's still an ongoing theme: I come up with an interesting thread idea and spend quite a bit of time thinking what to write, how to write it, etc. Then I drop the idea expecting no discussion happening and days, weeks, months later I still end up going back to it. Then I make the thread, nobody responds as expected and I remember why exactly I didn't want to make it in the first place and vow to never open another ever again.

And then the cycle continues.

pkmin3033

I've been here too long to remember if half the threads I've made were a good idea or not. Some of the posts I've made though...that's another story.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Not really? Even my intro thread isn't *that* cringey. Though I guess I regret some of the threads I've posted that didn't get any replies but that's just sorta part of being active on a forum, so no big deal.

Years
    I think I regret some blog posts more than I regret threads... most of my threads are probably polls. Blogs are when I'd tended to get a little nasty for whatever god-forsaken reason (probably jealousy) ._.
    oh and that one time I wanted to change the perfect s-mod #ff9900 to something else thankfully that didn't go through

Years
    • Seen today
    No, if there's ever a post I look back on and have negative feelings over, I just chalk it up to the fact that I probably experienced personal growth since then.

Years
    I joined when I was 23 so I wasn't that bad. I remember one married dude tried flirting with me though.

Years
    no such thing as any old threads of mine

not anymore, at least. a part of me is thankful for that, as fun as it may be to look back on cringey mistakes

Years
    Every GT Challenge event I decided to run in last few years. I always come in full of energy, but get stressed because I can't update everyone right away and then when I have time there are way too many people to update manually and it takes way too much time.

Back