• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever tried to raise Ashes team?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I did once in Yellow. Way back when I was obsessed with the anime, I tried to follow it completely. I very quickly gave up trying to find another Pidgeotto in the Viridian Forest.

Right now, I guess I could say that there's a slight reference to his team in my current Yellow game, but that's only because I have Pikachu and all three starters. Though all three starters will be evolving instead of just Charmander to Charizard.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    I have, but not Ash from the show, but Red(Ash) from HG/SS.

I restarted my FireRed a few months ago and after trading over Squirtle and Bulbasaur from LeafGreen and breeding a Pichu with Volt Tackle from Emerald over to my FireRed I started playing it again. I then added the Lapras you get from the Silph Company and one of the Snorlax as well.

It was actually a really good team even with having a Pikachu instead of Raichu.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
  • I have tried to raise May's team in Emerald, only diffrence I had was no Munchlax, Bulbasaur, or Glaceon

I had fun with that run

Also, all Pokemon were evolved!

Starforce23

Ultimate Trainer Red
    Years
  • I sucesfully raised his Team in Yellow! And I 100% sucesfully raised his team in AshGray!

Stunna

Hungry Boy
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2013
    In Yellow I did so to a 'T'. I was sure to catch a level 9 Pidgeotto in Viridian, got a Butterfree before leaving (both of which I later released as Ash did), caught countless Tauros, captured and raised a Kingler just to use in the E4 Challenge, didn't let Bulbasaur or Squirtle evolve... etc.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    In Yellow I did so to a 'T'. I was sure to catch a level 9 Pidgeotto in Viridian, got a Butterfree before leaving (both of which I later released as Ash did), caught countless Tauros, captured and raised a Kingler just to use in the E4 Challenge, didn't let Bulbasaur or Squirtle evolve... etc.

Now isn't that a little too much to a T???? heehehhe

I haven't even thought about doing something like this in a game and i doubt that right now i could continue to live on without having Lilligant in my team :P she's just way too awesome >,<

BlueMageBrilly

The Blue Mage
    Years
  • ...Err..No! I haven't, though I have toyed with the thought of doing yellow with Red's team, not Ash!, as seen in Gold/Silver. That's a decent team with all Evolutions, except Pikachu for some reason!, though I didn't because..well.. I dunno! It didn't appeal to me I suppose.

But back to the point, I've never willingly chased after Ash's team.. even if I truly did enjoy his team in the Kanto days.

Kaioken

FireRed
    Years
  • Yeaaah I've always stuck to Ash's main team in Pokemon Yellow it just feels right y'know? But other than that, the other Pokemon games are better played with your own teams :D

Tox

fight me
    Years
  • I did once in Yellow. Way back when I was obsessed with the anime, I tried to follow it completely. I very quickly gave up trying to find another Pidgeotto in the Viridian Forest.
    That's pretty much what I was going to say, lol.

The thought of playing as Ash or even using that name completely repels me from playing the games. The only character I've actually played as was Corey from Mewtwo Strikes Back, and that was for PC Challenge. I personally find Ash's teams to be uncreative.

While in the anime, I actually liked Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard, Bayleef and Totodile, I really can't bring myself to use more than one starter in any game. In fact, besides the Kanto starters, I've usually ended up ditching my starter.

I guess Ash's Hoenn and Unova teams wouldn't be too bad. The writers seem to have realised how predictable and limited his teams were starting to become. That being said, there are still too many NFE Pokémon. I don't mind one or two but when only one Pokémon has reached its final stage in your game, it becomes headwrecking.

I also hate the fact that those NFE Pokémon will attempt to evolve after every battle they level up during. Personally, I don't like using Everstones. There are so many better items out there, and with Ash's team, you probably wouldn't have enough Everstones anyway.

So yeah...I've kind of tried it, but I wouldn't do it again. :3

Tachikaze

九番隊 // Earth-Severing Wind
    Years
  • Back when I was a ~newer~ player, I did. Especially in Blue and Yellow. In Red I had more of a Gary Oak team - Gyrados, Arcanine, Pidgeot, Rhydon, etc.

Zapperz

colour swapper!
    Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2023
    I used to train his team in FR but then got bored cause Pikachu is so weak without evolution

Johnnikles

Blarghhh
    Years
  • Kanto: Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Squirtle, Charizard, Butterfree, Pidgeotto, Kingler, Taurus, Muk

That was his Kanto Poke's, apparently. If you excluded Bulbasaur, Pidgeotto and Squirtle, you'd be... fine-ish.

x Could have Muk as a Toxic Wall.
    x Taurus as a Speed-sweeper if you pulled it off right (he has decent attack stat).
    x Kingler as a sweeper (give that thing swords dance and you know what happens).
    x Charizard's... Well, that doesn't even need explaining.
    x Butterfree's actually good when played right. Compoundeyes + Sleep Powder + Leftovers work wonders with Butterfree, but that's not to say other sweepers couldn't knock it out super easy-- I'd be lying.
    x Pikachu's actually a good Pokemon. I won't say Pika's as good as Raichu, as that's obviously false, but Pikachu has a good amount of speed. You could work it out.

As for type coverage, you've got the scarier ones taken care of. Charizard for Steel types. Muk for tanks. It should probably be said that Lance would be horrible to fight with this team, unless you're overlevelled.

You could really make it through the game with this team. As for PvP, I'm not so sure how well that would work...

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen today
    If I remember correctly my current team on soulsilver is. Pikachu(with volt tackle), charizard, squirtle, bulbsaur, butterfree, pidgeotto. I haven't played it in a while.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Never, and as a kid I never even connected the anime to the game at all. When I was young I was too young to come up with that idea, and when I got older I didn't really care for it.

Cazzef

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • Just once in Pokemon Yellow, it is after all a very good team, if you evolve Bulbasaur and Squirtle that is.

Back