• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever..?

SquirtleGirl

Pokémon: 10 years + Counting..
    Years
    Whether its levelling up your beloved starter to Lvl. 100, maintaining a win-streak battle frontier or defeating the Elite 4, have you ever been guilty of skipping a day of school/college/[insert other location here] just to play Pokémon? Not like loads of days [unless youre geniuinely sick] but just one or two over the years?

I'm currently recovering from back strain which has resulted in a day of bed-rest away from school but I spent two hours grinding some new Pokémon and a further three doing research on bulbapedia. Truth is, its not even that bad now :$ Im going to school tomorrow though :P

jab2033

Exit Light, Enter Night
    Years
    Definetly not. My parents would've killed me if I did that.

And thanks to my college schedule, I don't need to skip, as I have hours between classes and sometimes only a class a day.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    I've never done it before, though I've stayed up reeeeeeally late (like at 2-3 am) on a school night playing Pokemon. Heres to those sleepless nights back then. :P

Haberdasher

suffers from nostalgia
    Years
    I haven't skipped class for it, but I've skipped studying and some sleep for it before. Actually, that's more or less what I'm doing right now. Latin quiz? What Latin quiz? I have Skarmory eggs to hatch! XD

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I got sick the day after I got HG, so I played it all day after I checked out. That count? lol

Years
    I never did that before, but when I was off from school sick I did. But I was sick, so it doesn't really count I guess.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Nah, I don't think I have. I've skipped for other reasons and happened to play Pokémon at the same time but... even back in high school I'd just bring my GBA/DS to school to play. And now in university? I played most of Pokémon Black on the public bus to/from school, and *in* some of my classes. :P

Years
    I skip class because I'm lazy, not just to play Pokémon. Sometimes I use the time that I gained by skipping class to play Pokémon, though.

Folkedahl

Wizard
    Years
    Yes. But it was elementary when I has just gotten Silver. I've skipped plenty of other times for other reasons too. Mainly that i just don't wanna go.

Dulcet

The epitome of crazy
    Years
    I've never skipped class. Ever. I'm a goody-two shoes.
    However I do use up valuable sleep/study time to play pokemon. :3

olih

Who says you can't go home?
    Years
    I used to do that. Then I woke up SOOOO tired. But it was worth just beating Lance that 30th time, or grinding some random Golbat.

Roxichu

Blastoff at the Speed of Light
    Years
    The portability of the series has kept me from ever skipping class outright for Pokémon. Now, sneaking it in and between classes...

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I never skipped any classes just to play Pokemon. I know that academics is more important than Pokemon, so I just play the game if I have free time.

Years
    Today!
    Well, indirectly. My mom let me stay home from school because of the weather and the fact that I had no ride home.
    I seized this chance to work on my FireRed Nuzlocke Run

chaos11011

[untitled]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • MA
    • Seen May 4, 2021
    Whenever I'm feeling sick, I don't go to school (obviously) and then after I go to the doctor's office I play Pokemon the rest of the day in bed. Then my neighbor (who has like 4 of the same classes as me) comes at my door and gives me my homework and makes me stop Pokemon.

No one should be inturupt me when I'm fiddling with my Pokemonwhen I'm sick D:

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I have skipped school to play a video game before, but unfortunately, Pokémon has never been one of those.

Back