• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Have you ever..

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Yeah I take a lot more breaks from Pokemon now. I'll play it for a week or two and then not touch it again for months lol. I think it's normal, especially as you get older.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2014
    Sometimes I take breaks, usually around a month or two. The longest was about a year. It's okay to take breaks! After all, it's good to have other hobbies too. Even when I'm not playing Pokemon, it's always on my mind anyway.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I do get tired of playing Pokémon every once in a while, yeah. Not just this; same goes for pretty much every other series, really. Usually, they tend to keep same, exact mechanics, and plot-wise, they're relatively similar, more or less, so you already how things are before you start playing anything new. As someone else had said, it's definitely normal.

As a kid, though, this isn't how I've felt; regardless of how much I'd play a series, things wouldn't get too boring for me, as I was actually quite easy to fascinate back then. Now, however, not so much.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
    Sometimes I do. Maybe it's the tried and true formula which is starting to lose my interest. Sometimes a person wants something new, y'know? Pokemon doesn't have anything that's new in the revolutionary way, just little changes. The older you get, the less of an interest you get from it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2014
    I did, until I started doing challenges like nuzlockes which made it fun again

Years
    I did at certain points, most namely before DP had released and I had gotten bored with Emerald. And I had Heart Gold but my interest in it wasn't that long lasting at first, but BW really got me back into the game.

Honestly, while there are many other games I really want to get to playing, nowadays, I just get sucked back into Pokémon. As i've said before, what keeps it from getting old to me is how many possibilities for teams there are, which allows for a different experience each time. Which is kind of the point of Challenges. If I hadn't been into stuff like Nuzlockes (and nowadays Wedlockes), Monotypes and what not, I don't think i'd be as into Pokémon now, but once you're a challenger, you never want to stop.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    After I beat Pokemon X, I definitely felt like I was done with Pokemon for a while because the game was a bit of a disappointment when compared to previous generations that I loved. With the announcement of ORAS I picked up my copy of Y but I haven't even gotten halfway through yet, however, when November rolls around I'm sure I'll be an avid player again. :]

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Certainly. I haven't been playing pokémon in any active way for at least a year now I think ;) I really should go and join a challenge!

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    I think I grew tired of playing Pokemon the game around Gen 3, I bought Sapphire but I never really liked the pokemon in it, in fact I hated all the fire types in it besides Blaziken. I could never make a team of Pokemon I liked and to be honest I don't have any interest in playing it. Same with Firered. I bought Black 2 and Y version and played for awhile but haven't played in months. Mostly because every move or Pokemon I see I have to check online type weaknesses and move rankings/descriptions, it's just tedious and the 3DS isn't as light as the Gameboy Advance Sp so it's hard to play for a long time. Overall I think this will be the case for any future games as well.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2014
    I could really play Pokemon whenever I want, and I never grow tired of it. Its really one of the funnest games I have played. Right now I am playing HeartGold as we speak.

Years
    Uh in between the Sinnoh games and HGSS, I wasn't really into Pokemon at all and didn't even plan on purchasing the Johto remakes, but one of my friends got it for me as a birthday present. That was really the only time, as far as I can remember.

Back