• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Other Feedback: hCaptcha feedback

Years
  • I am the only one that think that the actual hCaptcha feature is annoying ?
    I have 3 devices from which I enter PokéCommunity in a daily basis and I feel it is kinda frustrating to do the check every single time (maybe I'm a robot in disguise? Who knows).
    I understand that bots are a really issue in forums and a captcha is valuable because of that, but I think it is kinda invasive with its current configuration and that it could make bounce a lot of first time visitors.
    Maybe it could be possible to set the captcha only for posting and not for browsing the content ? Just my 5 cents on the matter.

Years
  • I am the only one that think that the actual hCaptcha feature is annoying ?
    I have 3 devices from which I enter PokéCommunity in a daily basis and I feel it is kinda frustrating to do the check every single time (maybe I'm a robot in disguise? Who knows).
    I understand that bots are a really issue in forums and a captcha is valuable because of that, but I think it is kinda invasive with its current configuration and that it could make bounce a lot of first time visitors.
    Maybe it could be possible to set the captcha only for posting and not for browsing the content ? Just my 5 cents on the matter.

Hi! I assume you're from France? We had captcha on temporarily for French visitors to mitigate spam traffic, and it has since been turned off once the issue was resolved. We definitely would never think to have this type of thing on for everyone permanently, so there's no need to worry about that!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi! I assume you're from France? We had captcha on temporarily for French visitors to mitigate spam traffic, and it has since been turned off once the issue was resolved. We definitely would never think to have this type of thing on for everyone permanently, so there's no need to worry about that!

I'm living in France right now so that would explain that behavior. Thank you so much for the clarification !

Back