• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Heads up!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hey guys, there will be some changes to the donator tiers ahead and we hope you will be on board for it. The first step is to merge all tiers (visibly) into one color - most likely Crystal blue, as that seems to be a popular one! mostly easiest to match avatars to. This also 'bumps up' the silver and gold supporters to give them the same perks crystal supporters have had until now. Rest assured, nobody is losing any of their traditional supporter perks, as you donated to get to keep them forever...

... Except the stuff that is naturally lost in the new UI. See, we will very soon (aiming for today or tomorrow!) give all supporters access to the beta release of the new Pok?Community User Interface. It modernizes PC and gives a fresh feel to it, or so we think at least. We are really eager to hear what you think, so start the countdown now! Eventually, all PC members will of course get access to this, but we are trusting you guys to help us finish it, haha.

As the internet and PC get more slimmed and modern, and the new UI diminishes the coolness effect of things like role-based username colors and css usertitles (and removes custom sized avatars altogether for now) being a Crystal supporter might not mean as much compared to Gold or even Silver anymore. We are very grateful for all donators who do what they can to help pay for the site's costs according to their own ability, whether it is small or big, and we hope everyone will be happy going forward.

Thank you!

Last edited:

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I'm not sure why I just now saw this thread, but I personally will miss the tier colors. I know it's not the new cool thing anymore, but I think all of our colors looked cool. Though it really is obsolete with the new UI. I do hope the crystal blue will stay. I'd actually just like to see username colors in the new UI period, save for the people who choose to customize theirs. Everyone is just all black right now, and you can't tell one rank from another in threads, so I hope that changes.

However, what reason do people have to donate a lot of money now? If all donators get blue and the same perks, that'll make big PC donations reliant on people just caring enough to shovel out $50 as opposed to $5, if either amount would give them the same perks.

It'll be interesting to see what comes of all this, but I'm looking forward to beta rolling out for everyone and not just some of us.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think the thought was that if people want to help the site, they'll donate. But PC shouldn't be "pay to play" and super boring if you don't pay a lot.

Also, if you click somebody's username you will see a list of colorful ranks that they have :) if they don't have any colorful buttons, they don't have a rank. If you generally wonder how many staffers are online, just go to the index and check the online list, where the rank colors are still visible.

We figured (loong time agooo) that knowing who's staff and who isn't when just posting around isn't very important. If a staffer has something important to say, they can mark their post as an official post (well, at least when the new UI is finished) and that will make it apparent they are staff and not just some user trying to order people around ^^

You can still make your own name look like the old crystal supporter tier by making it the right color and in italics :3

Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Eh... not sure how to feel about this to be fair.

I might come off as selfish but I was sort of taking pride in my Platinum Supporter status, as shallow as that is. Plus, it made surprising friends by upgrading their silver/gold status to crystal a lot of fun. But then again, that's just me and I'm a vanity whore.

Years
    By the by, where is the donator list..? Wasn't that up near the top of the forum? (Like a billion years ago) I do like varied tier colors though. It was neat to see in the massive online list below. I'm sure some members will be against it, because the whole point of being crystal & up was the perks for paying out more. Now that the lower tiers are clumped into Crystal, it made the point moot? Idk

Last edited:

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    As long as you keep the option to turn off postbit customization, I'm fine with whatever.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    I'm amazed that after all these years, Pok�Community is still a thing that happens in posts. There are still computers that don't understand Unicode encoding that.

That was most likely a result of the mess that was the server migration while the site was down. There may still be an odd glitch here and there in contents of posts.

Back