• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HeartGold/SoulSilver Speculation

Fredu999

Pro Drummer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2013
    Actually I think that the dolls was a waste of money (if she payed with the players money, I mean) because you don't spend that much time in your room. Also they could do something mre interesting than just mom giving the shoes...

The Red Chain

I think it's better if there are option for us to choose...
    For example like:
    - <Player>, I saw this adorable Piplup doll, would you like me to buy it for you?
    - I'm shopping right now, would you like me to buy something for you? (Then there's at least 3 option for the player, to let the player choose which item will his/her mother buy.)

Yes, I agree with you 110%.
    Being able to have the option to either say no, or pick what you'd like at that time would be a very good idea.
    It's much better than having no choice and your mom going off doing her own thing with your money whether you want the item or not. >_>

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Or she could also give us the shoes when it's time for the players to start their journey or even more earlier - receive it along the PokeGear.

I'd say she's the sweetest mother, compared to the other Pokemon game mothers.
    I really am looking forward for storing Item in PC. It's very annoying in DPP that you can't use them. I also agree with you that they should still keep the "never-ending bag", even if the PC storage is back.

Giving it to us at the same time won't be a bad idea, seeing as she already gives us the PokéGear right away as well.

Though, I have to agree she is the best mom they have introduced out of all the games in Pokémon. I mean there is Johanna who gives us the new Contest Clothes, but after that nothing much is done with her. The mother brought to us in the original Gold/Silver/Crystal actually did something besides giving us some rest. She saved money for us, and she bought us items they may or may not have been helpful. Regardless of that, she still did something more than what the other female mothers did in FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Diamond, Peral, and Platinum.

I'm hoping the mother stays. Some great items - most of the time - maybe some better items this time? I mean, 1 potion was suuch a big help >.>

OOC: 300th post! Yay for being active and stuff.

The mother will more than likely stay, or else we'd be orphan children in the game with no one really to rely on. Better items, other than potions would indeed be a plus, especially knowing that we've had so many new items brougt into gameplay since the Hoenn region in RSE.

Actually I think that the dolls was a waste of money (if she payed with the players money, I mean) because you don't spend that much time in your room. Also they could do something mre interesting than just mom giving the shoes...

More than likely she did buy the items with our money. I believe she even stated so sometimes in the game as well. Also, her buying dolls for decoration can still be needed. I mean even though not all of us spend our time at home or even in our secret bases [if brought in], there are still people who enjoy decorating them and spending time there. So, our mom buying us dolls can still be utilized by some game players.

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
    Years
    I think we were able to put our bed away in GSC. I think we should get items from mom's annoying blah blah blah trips and be able to customize our room to how we would have wanted it.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I think we only got money from her in the original G/S

We didn't really get money from our mom actually. She more or less served as our bank, so it's basically our money we are asking for from time to time. Though, she also bought us things such as plushies, potions, the moon stone, and a few other items. Actually, if contests are impemented into the game and with what DPPt introduced, I wouldn't be surprised to see her buy us contest accessories from time to time either. I think heavy based coordinators in the game will enjoy this as it can help them out from time to time depending on what she purchases for us this time.

I really expect for a lot of things to be included now because of how many new things have been added and how from time Pokémon has altered in a few ways. Johto will basically be the same, but it'll definitely be an upgraded style with more than what we may expect, I just have a feeling this is coming. If it does, I wouldn't necessarily look at it a bad way though.

I think that now that we have Nintendo DS and modern technology, something like what happened with the ability "Pickup" that the items found depends on the level of the pokemon. Now maybe the items she buys would be rarer the more advanced in the journey you are. For example:
    -Beginning of the game:
    Potions, Antidote, Paralyze heal...
    Beating the 2nd gym
    -Super potions, ethers, full heals...
    Beating the 4th gym
    -Super potions, elixirs, ethers, full heals, nuggets?
    Beating the 8th gym
    -Hyper potions/Moomoo milk/max ether, elixir, full heal.
    Beating the Pokemon League:
    -Max Potions, hyper potions, max elixir, revive, max ether...
    Beating 12 gym leaders
    -Full Restore, Max Potion...
    Beating all the gym leaders:
    -Moon Stone, Fire Stone... Full restore, nuggets, focus sash, choice items...
    Beating Red:
    -All the stones, nuggets, stardust, Full restore, revival herb, max revive, max potion...

Akira Uchiha

Akatsuki Shinobi! ^^
    Years
    That might be a good idea, it would be cool at least. I really hope the item storage comes back too, I didn't like carrying around so many useless plates/type-boosters and having to scroll throught the whole items section to find my items... XD what if there was an item search for our bag lol? So we could search for the items. JK.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
    Yeah but the item storage got removed after the DS days. I dont thnk it will get re-introduced since the platform is DS.

pokemad

Self taught hacker
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    SS Anne & Pokemon D/P/Pt

Hello Pokecommunity​

Rumours of an SS Anne ticket in Pokemon D/P got me thinking.
    At the Arceus movie ect. there maight be a chance to get a useless SS anne ticket on your Pokemon D/P/Pt & trade/move it to HG/SS when it is released to get the SS Anne from Johto to Kanto or some super secret Island where mew ect. is waiting to be caught.​

Any other suggestions welcome.!!!!!​

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    Hello Pokecommunity​

Rumours of an SS Anne ticket in Pokemon D/P got me thinking.
    At the Arceus movie ect. there maight be a chance to get a useless SS anne ticket on your Pokemon D/P/Pt & trade/move it to HG/SS when it is released to get the SS Anne from Johto to Kanto or some super secret Island where mew ect. is waiting to be caught.​

Any other suggestions welcome.!!!!!​
    Merged with speculation thread, given the speculative nature of the thread and all.

Personally I am slightly doubtful on whether the ticket would actually get used, or just remain as part of the data in game that goes unused in the end. Besides, isn't it a Key Item as well? Those are untradeable... hmm.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2009
    Hey,

I just wanted to know what you guys think about the following :--

-First of all, where are the headbutt trees in the Ilex Forest scan? have they been removed or are the normal trees headbutt able?
    -Secondly, will the Pokeballs that Kurt makes still be available? Also, will there be an event enabling the player to encounter Celebi?
    -Thirdly, will the move Whirlpool or Rock Smash be an HM?
    -Fourthly, what will be the quasi-3D changes in the Kanto-Jhoto landscape? Will Rock Climb be usable in such cases?
    -Fifthly, will the safari zone be open to explore?
    -Lastly, will the final battle with Pokemon Trainer Red still be in the game?

I asked Pokemon.com's customer service and they said these decisions are made in Japan!.... hehe

Also does anyone know if there is any way of e-mailing the Pokemon HG/SS development team???

Years
    • Seen Jul 26, 2011
    We don't know all of this yet.
    For the moment there's not a lot of news coming in about HG/SS.
    I think we will have to wait till july/august for more news since the game will probably release in september/october

infernape85

I ARE AWESOME
    Years
    poketch to pokegear will happen. i was on serebii.com the other day where i saw screenshots. your starter follows you like in yellow. the touch screen has the same options as the pokegear in g/s/c. i will have the, cell phone, radio, and map. p.s. cyndaquill rules.

hey just out of random thought, who likes fire types! :D

things added to the original g/s/c: boy/girl players. new items, full restore, dusk stone, etc. new moves. following starters. sinnoh pokemon. hopefully, item storage. D/P/PL storage system. pokegear on touch screen. hoenn pokemon. if u know anything else that they r adding, share it with the blog.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    -First of all, where are the headbutt trees in the Ilex Forest scan? have they been removed or are the normal trees headbutt able?
    Hmm... Good Question...
    Maybe the part which it is showing in the scan wasn't supposed to have any headbutt trees in the first place?

-Secondly, will the Pokeballs that Kurt makes still be available? Also, will there be an event enabling the player to encounter Celebi?
    The Apricorns are most likely to stay, and Kurt making them is also most likely to stay. But those balls might be replaced by the newer balls which have close features...

I'm more than confident that Rock Smash will be an HM this time, but I cannot confirm Whirlpool being there, though it is most likely, since it is a remake.

-Fourthly, what will be the quasi-3D changes in the Kanto-Jhoto landscape? Will Rock Climb be usable in such cases?
    Bringing forth what I've seen so far in the screenshots released till now, I'm very positive that the graphics will be much more awesome. But I don't think there will be any Geographical change, if you know what I mean.
    That is, the ups and downs of the land and sea will still remain near the same. So I don't think Rock Climb will be there since there are no use of it.

Yes, I'm more than 95% sure that it will. This time, it will actually need to serve a purpose.

Yes, I'm more than 95% sure that it will stay, since there is no reason at all to remove it.

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Hey,

I just wanted to know what you guys think about the following :--

I asked Pokemon.com's customer service and they said these decisions are made in Japan!.... hehe

Also does anyone know if there is any way of e-mailing the Pokemon HG/SS development team???

The headbutt trees haven't been shown in any of the scans as yet and are still unknown whether they will be brought back or not. Some speculate they maybe replaced by the honey trees, while most are hoping not for this to happen, it is unsure as we don't have any new information on it as yet.

With Kurt, to begin with, it is currently unconfirmed if there ill even be apricorns again, and if there are then there's a possibility he'll be making Pokéballs once more. Except this may be worked out a bit differently since it is said that DPPt has no data about apricorns in the game. Still, this is not sure of as yet and again we'll need to wait for more information. As your comment on Celebi, this again is usnure of. Except, some people wish for it to be catchable in-game, but many think it'll be held through a Wi-Fi event. It is possible they can have this deal with the GS Ball as well, but we'll need more information on this later on.

It is unknown what the HMs will be as things can change. Though, some are hoping things will remain like the original. As for the Kanto-Johto 3D look, it is following the same format as DPPt, except it has its own differences. This is a good thing though as it keeps the game more to itself rather than keeping the exact same style as DPPt. It is unsure if Rock Climb will be back, but then again it really isn't needed as long as they simply keep it out of the game.

Safari Zone is another location that people are speculating on. They wonder if it'll be opened, or kept close like the original. The thing is, it is possible for it to be opened so it can hold some of the new generation Pokémon, but is still questionable. The best thing you can do for this is really hope it's opened again, but still have to bare the agony of waiting for it to be confirmed later down the line.

As for Red, it is unsure of as well, but so many people are hoping for it to return. It is part of the original and was a big change compared to the games we've had now. It's also a great add-in from the originals to [in a way] be battling yourself if you played RBY or FRLG.

poketch to pokegear will happen. i was on serebii.com the other day where i saw screenshots. your starter follows you like in yellow. the touch screen has the same options as the pokegear in g/s/c. i will have the, cell phone, radio, and map. p.s. cyndaquill rules.

hey just out of random thought, who likes fire types! :D

things added to the original g/s/c: boy/girl players. new items, full restore, dusk stone, etc. new moves. following starters. sinnoh pokemon. hopefully, item storage. D/P/PL storage system. pokegear on touch screen. hoenn pokemon. if u know anything else that they r adding, share it with the blog.

A lot of this has been confirmed a few weeks ago, but the PokéGear will definitely and hopefully be a different style compared to that of the DPPt Poké'tch. It isn't sure if the 'gear will have the cell phone and other features though, so I'm not exatly sure how you can confirm this yourself. All we really got as screenshots was that the start menu is on teh touchscreen now and that the PokéGear has gotten an update.

About your statement on how Sinnoh and Hoenn Pokémon are added, I don't know how you can confirm this as yet. I mean it's a possibility, but is still unsure of as we never even received stated facts on this appearing the game as yet. Right now, what we know is what we've known for a few weeks now, but sometime this month we should be receiving new scans from Coro Coro and more Pokémon Sunday episodes as well.

Years
    • Seen Sep 12, 2016
    she did give us some great items.
    i used to like decorating my room with the beasty snorlax doll she used to get.
    and i want the item storage back aswell :(
    my bag gets too cluttered, but i like how its never-ending

Mine is very cluttered in DPP, I think it's kinda inconvenience that they "canceled" the PC storage. So I was speculating that this feature will return, as mom keep buying as items back in the day in GSC.

Yes, I agree with you 110%.
    Being able to have the option to either say no, or pick what you'd like at that time would be a very good idea.
    It's much better than having no choice and your mom going off doing her own thing with your money whether you want the item or not. >_>

Thank you, I wish my idea was real. But I doubt it'll happen.
    Merged with speculation thread, given the speculative nature of the thread and all.

Personally I am slightly doubtful on whether the ticket would actually get used, or just remain as part of the data in game that goes unused in the end. Besides, isn't it a Key Item as well? Those are untradeable... hmm.
    The ticket? It had no use in DPP, but there's a huge possibility that it'll be use(and reappear) in Hg/Ss.

Thanks for managing the Hg/Ss section btw. [=

ConnoRAWR

Twitter Username; ConnoRAWR :D
    Years
    • Seen Nov 2, 2014
    Cross-Breeding Pokemon?

With new memory capabilities currently being developed, this means more memory on DS cards. So, would cross breeding pokemon be an option.
    If this was ever going to happen, i think only certain types (and pokemon) would cross breed.
    Ex/ Pidgey and Farfetch'd
    Also, similar types pokmon could cross breed, Ice + Water, Grass + Bug.

Just an idea, whad'ja think?

Years
    • Seen Aug 11, 2009
    This is not going to happen in HeartGold or SoulSilver, of course, but I could still see this happening in the next Generation under specific circumstances. Although, I doubt that it would involve breeding new species as much as breeding new type combinations onto a specific species.

Back