• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Helix or Dome Fossil

y stri

Got no theme right now.
Years
  • i guess tpps reign is over

Joking aside I don't even remember, mostly because I don't use fossils in the first place. I just picked a random one so I could go on, save for the time I wanted to replicate the team used in TPP.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • I always picked Dome Fossil. Kabutops has a sleek design and good attack that appeals to me. It's my pick over the Helix Fossil since Red & Blue.

I raised and evolved Kabuto, but Aerodactyl was on my Fire Red team.

Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2022
    I chose the Helix fossil, but didn't actually know what it did. :|

Years
  • Kabutops has a sleek design and good attack that appeals to me.

That's what I think too. Kabutops always seemed pretty badass. When I first played through I was too young to really understand the usefulness of the Pokemon I was using so I just used the ones that looked the coolest. And Kabutops was one of my favourites.

Fossil pokemon are always hard to train though, so i rarely bother anymore.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
    Years
  • I selected dome most of the time cause kabutops seems stronger than omanyte and sometimes I chose helix also well it wasn't much of a difference as both had same advantages and disadvantages.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • I can't really say they have the same advantages and disadvantages. Kabutops is physically focused, Omastar is specially faocused.

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I chose the Dome fossil because that is what I chose in Red, and at the time, I liked Kabutops better than Omastar. (My feelings about them are mixed now, though.) I also had a friend who chose the other fossil, so I figured that as long as we each picked one, we could breed and trade them, so it didn't matter too much.

In Red, I picked the Dome fossil by chance, probably because it's the first one I encountered. I knew nothing about either one of them. I never used the fossil Pokemon in my RBY teams, though, and in FRLG, I trained Kabuto, but didn't care too much about it.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I've always gone for the dome fossil because I really like Kabutops. Don't get me wrong, Omastar is awesome but I just prefer Kabutops!

Years
  • All hail Lord Helix!

Ever since I first made this decision at the age of around 6, not knowing what was going to be resurrected from the fossil, I had a lot of hope. But honestly, I was impressed with the outcome. I loved the Omanyte that I received and eventually evolved it for it to become an Omastar. I've tried to use Omastar in as many playthroughs as I can. So yeah, I pick the Helix Fossil all the time. Omastar isn't the best competitive battler, but I love it in game and it's been a favourite from a very young age.

Dying Light

Pegasus Knight
    Years
  • fODSUoS.jpg

No, really. I have always preferred Omanyte/Omastar over Kabuto/Kabutops. When I played Red, this was my solid decision for all games afterwards. I'm not entirely sure why, but maybe it's because Omanyte looked more "nautical" than Kabuto.

LilyAnn

All your base are belong to us
    Years
  • I always went for the Dome fossil. I preferred Kabutops over the other pokemon. But I would never use it. xD Always would end up putting it in the pc and use other pokemon instead.

JVS

The very best.
    Years
  • Dome. Always chose Dome. Don't like Omanyte that much at all. Kabuto/Kabutops is much more cooler.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Helix Fossil for Gen III. :P Omanyte looks cute while I prefer Kabutops, which Kabuto's evolution, if compared to Omastar.

GengyGengar

Sp00py
    Years
  • Most definitely Dome. I just prefer Kabutops, and I always have. From his offensive power, to his powerful set ups in the Rain, to the Genesect/Kabutops theory, there's a lot more reason to like Kabutops than Omastar, imo~

Years
  • I'm picking based on general preference here. Helix Fossil is the one I love better here, and no it's not TPP popularity but because I love Omanyte's design and stats better than Kabuto's.

Tamashi_Seishiro

Badoop Badoop Banana Bus!
    Years
  • Dome fossil is cool. Although at my first playthrough of FR/LG I chose helix fossil because it sounded cooler. A few months I got bored since I finished the game so I decided to re-play it again. Choosing the Dome fossil this time. It evoled to Kabutops. It has a slick design with those scythes! But I think it's a tie? Since Omanyte was cute looking, but it turned wicked sick as an Omastar

Years
  • Dome for me purely because of Kabutops and my overwhelming preference of it over Omanyte/Omastar. The first few times I played this game, I blindly chose any fossil and just boxed them and left them unused. There have been times, however, where I have wanted to raise them and use them properly. I just preferred using Kabutops in the end, simply put.

Back