• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello :D

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Hello everyone, I'm Fallon758 and I have no idea what to write in this, so I'm just going to say some stuff.

I got my first Pokémon game along with my first gaming console, a hand-me-down GameBoy Color, when I was 5, and it was Pokémon Red Version. I played that game for a few years, but then sadly somehow lost the cartridge and forgot about it. At age 9, my parents re-introduced me to Pokémon with a brand-new DSLite and Diamond version for christmas. I played that game for a year, then eventually got bored of it and sold it for a ps2 game. For my 11th birthday, I got a DSi with Pokémon HeartGold, and it was then that I grew my addiction to the series. Since then, I had gotten every new Pokémon game up to ORAS when they came out, and plan to do so for the forseeable future. Although I am amazed at the improvements that Nintendo has made to this beloved series since RBGY, I still hold firm my opinion that HGSS was and still is the best games.

When it comes to my actual experience with the games, I usually don't go very in-depth with my playthroughs. I never breed for perfect IV's or train for good EV's, nor do I hunt for shinies. I fully understand why people would and do do these things, but I simply do not have the patience for it. In short, I play casually.

I've became interested in this forum for a few reasons:
    1. This seems like a good place to ask for advice more personal and in-depth than a quick wiki search.
    2. I've always wanted to be a part of and communicate with an online group of people with an active and large following such as this one.
    3. Maybe to make some online friends in the process.

Well I've rambled on enough. I need some sleep XD

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hello everyone, I'm Fallon758 and I have no idea what to write in this, so I'm just going to say some stuff.

I got my first Pokémon game along with my first gaming console, a hand-me-down GameBoy Color, when I was 5, and it was Pokémon Red Version. I played that game for a few years, but then sadly somehow lost the cartridge and forgot about it. At age 9, my parents re-introduced me to Pokémon with a brand-new DSLite and Diamond version for christmas. I played that game for a year, then eventually got bored of it and sold it for a ps2 game. For my 11th birthday, I got a DSi with Pokémon HeartGold, and it was then that I grew my addiction to the series. Since then, I had gotten every new Pokémon game up to ORAS when they came out, and plan to do so for the forseeable future. Although I am amazed at the improvements that Nintendo has made to this beloved series since RBGY, I still hold firm my opinion that HGSS was and still is the best games.

When it comes to my actual experience with the games, I usually don't go very in-depth with my playthroughs. I never breed for perfect IV's or train for good EV's, nor do I hunt for shinies. I fully understand why people would and do do these things, but I simply do not have the patience for it. In short, I play casually.

I've became interested in this forum for a few reasons:
    1. This seems like a good place to ask for advice more personal and in-depth than a quick wiki search.
    2. I've always wanted to be a part of and communicate with an online group of people with an active and large following such as this one.
    3. Maybe to make some online friends in the process.

Well I've rambled on enough. I need some sleep XD
    Hi again, Fallon! Nice to see you here, so you're a pretty experienced player by now c: No need to train IV/EV if you're not interested in competitive battling or trading, at least that's how I think about it. I still haven't played through HG/SS... Maybe I should?

Your reasons for joining the community are great! PC is really friendly when you find the parts of the forum you enjoy hanging out in, or perhaps you'll find that you enjoy all of them?

I hope you'll get some nice sleep. Talk to you later!

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
    You started with Red eh? Same here! =D What was your starter, if you remember? Welcome to the forums Fallon, hope you enjoy your stay and such. <33 HGSS were my favourite games too, you definitely got good taste in faves! The Pok?athlon, Pok?mon following you (shinies too!), Ho-Oh and Lugia in their remade glory.. all too awesome. ^//^ What sorts of games do you play besides Pok?mon as well, if you don't mind me asking?

Hope you have a great time here with us and that you'll stick around! See ya, and feel free to VM me anytime if you wanna talk~

Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2016
    Flower
    I can specifically remember that I started with Charmander, and that was the only pokemon I used. I even managed to get it to lv.74 by idly battling wild pokemon when I got bored of trying to find the last gym, but hey, you can't blame me, 5-year-old me thought that putting the last gym in the first city with a gym would make no sense XD. The only other game that I play as often as Pokemon would be Minecraft, and I occasionally play Terraria and a few other old obscure rpg games. Thanks for the warm welcome!

adventure
    You REALLY should at least try HG/SS. In my objective opinion, they're literally some of the best games made, even outside the series of Pokemon, but then again, that's since I honestly haven't played very many games. I hope I come to enjoy the entire forum, because this seems like an awesome place with a very friendly community. Also, I didn't get much sleep, and as I always do, I am staying up waaay too late tonight as well. I should really get my sleep schedule back in check but I'm too lazy for that :P. See you later too!

Back