• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello everyone ^^

Years
  • I've registered for Pokecommunity at some other time ago,
    but I've never really hung around here!
    When I did sign up here, I was playing Pokemon Y!
    But for awhile now, I've had no Pokemon games because it was stolen!

So today, as of 30 minutes or so ago,
    I just bought myself Pokemon Y and Omega Ruby again ^^
    So I'm super happy now and excited to get going on these 2 games again.

But let me ask something I really want to know,
    Is Pokemon X/Y and OR/AS still popular and going with the online trading, online battles, etc?
    I'd really love if that were true ^^ And participate in battles, help others out, etc.

One more thing, I've got lots of studying to do if I wanted to be competitive and do some battling.
    I need more practice with IVs, EVs, EV training, Natures, Breeding, Types, movesets, etc., all that good stuff to make a good team.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2015
    Oh yeah, ORAS and X/Y are both very popular and interconnected through the trading system! Also the fact that Pokemon Z being rumored to come out is helping a bit. But heck, I play Pokemon almost every day!

Also I need to work on all of those things too! I have some perfect IV pokemon that have helped me to understand IV breeding... sort of! Only well enough to get 5IV pokemon in return, though. And don't even get me started on natures!

Years
  • Hiya MrAddison! Awesome having you around actively again ~ <3

Yes, they're definitely still popular for online connectivity and you shouldn't have issues. Not sure how active Wonder Trade is though since I haven't used it in a while and I'm sure it can become hard to find an immediate trading partner using the feature at the exact same time as you but it should be decent. Active enough for games that have been out for almost a year (ORAS) or two years now (XY). Glad you got yours back and super sorry about it being stolen. D:

Enjoy playing! Will be looking forward to seeing you post.

Back