• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello! Longtime Lurking Trainer here!

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2015
    Hello Poke Community! I'm a long time lurker who finally feels its time to come out from the shadows and join the discussions.

Long time player here (I'm 30, so I remember playing Red/Blue on the bus to school as a kid), but after Platinum, I fell out of playing and only now picked it back up again. Omega Ruby is downright awesome, and has inspired me to finally delve into this game once again. Might finally, once and for all, try to catch them all!

I can't say I lean toward any one Pokemon type, though my best Pokemon (and digital buddy) is my Iron Fist Infernape. That fiery monkey really takes me places. Have been doing some Singles Battle Spot, and nothing pleases me more than watching my opponent switch in a water type against him, only to have a ridiculous Thunder Punch get served up to them... ah, sorry, off on a tangent. TL:DR: He really is a good 'mon. (don't be fooled by my high talk of my fire monkey, we lose a lot :p )

I hope to learn more from the multitude of seasoned trainers that populate this site, and use that knowledge to grow as a trainer and maybe take some steps into the competitive arena! See you guys around!

Years
  • You'll fit perfectly fine here, and welcome aboard pokemon veteran! Also catching them all is so much easier in this generation thanks to the searching feature in the gts, and the best part is you don't even have to see the pokemon to search for it on there.

Years
  • Welcome aboard Shinken, and how is everything going? As DDDchu said, you'll definitely fit in well because we're always passionate for Pokemon and well, a few other things as well.

How are you enjoying OR/AS so far? I already finished the main story and the Delta Episode in Alpha Sapphire and I always went through a nostalgia trip as I was playing, and the credits make you definitely want to cry because it's like a total recap of your adventure. And nice fave Pokemon you have in Infernape there. The Chimchar line happens to be my fave Sinnoh starter and has usually been who I picked when I played a Sinnoh game, and given Diamond & Pearl had a huge lack of Fire-types, choosing Chimchar was a big deal.

Anyways, if you're interested in learning competitive skills you'll love our Battling & Team Building section, along with our Showdown server. Things do get crazy on the server, but it's a fun place to chat and battle with fellow PC users nonetheless. I hope you enjoy the wonderful sights here and if you want to talk I'm open for a visitor message anytime.

For now, I'll see you later and enjoy your time here!

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2015
    I feel like OR/AS is the way it was always supposed to be played. Such a huge, huge change from the last game I played (Plat.). I finished the Delta Episode (is it me or did they jump the shark on making Rayquaza so powerful. I can go Mega AND hold an item? Whaaaaaat?!), devoured the storyline in a matter of days, and am now working toward making my own team to pit against the masses. I feel like I never really got into just how deep the game could be before. I didn't EV train a pokemon until this game, and I'd never played online before this either, so I feel like I"m entering a whole new realm of the game I had never known.

And there is something about Infernape that I just love. I KNOW Blaziken is faster, and I'm slightly jealous of the mega evolution. I know Charizard is undeniably awesome. But something about Infernape just screams "I just wanna punch stuff!" And that's fine by me, cause he does it so well.

Thank you for the warm welcomes! I can tell this is gonna be a nice place to be!

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Definitely ORAS is a good step up from the Ruby and Sapphire games! I'm just kinda saddened that they didn't have some of the features from Emerald like the Battle Frontier and what not. But still, they're pretty fun games, and I'm loving the character development. :3

And wow, you seem like such a cool person! It's wonderful to meet you - I'm Dragon! n_n I do hope you enjoy yourself! You seem like an awesome person and it would be absolutely fantastic to have you stick around. ^^ I'm always here for questions or general conversation if you'd like, so send me VM or PM any time!

Years
  • That does sound like a pretty awesome Infernape.. I should breed one sometime. Generally didn't like the fire starters in Sinnoh but that might easily change my mind. ;P Welcome to PC, Gold! Good to meet you!

But yeah, OR/AS are so great. Glad you love them so much so hopefully you'll be here to discuss those wonderful games as well as everything else encompassing the Pokemon world. Be sure to stick around, yes? (Let's cross our fingers Infernape gets a mega evolution when/if a Sinnoh remake comes around.. haha. Maybe then it'll be on par with Mega Blaziken.)

Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2015
    Dragon- Thank you for the warm welcome, and I will keep that in mind! There are many questions and wonders I have had about this game! While the franchise is hardly new to me, the absolute multitude of things to do is staggering, and the competitive/battling community are uncharted waters for me I can't wait to breach. I assure you, you may have questions from me in the very near future!

Sheep- I WOULD GO APE (haha, see what I did there?) if they gave Infernape a Mega. I feel like he truly deserves one. And as Sinnoh was my favorite region... a remake would make my year!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hey! Welcome to PC! Great to have you join us. Before I join forums, I usually lurk too haha.

I fell out of the loop after Platinum too. I lost interest with the releases of Black and White as well as with their sequels. Not sure why, but I got back into the loop with the releases of X and Y. Now I am obsessed with the games again. OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire are amazing games! My favorite after Heartgold and Soulsilver :3

I hope to see you around!

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • Hey ShinkenGold!

Welcome to PC! I'm glad your love for the games has reignited! I love the 6th gen games too. :)

If you ever are in the need of Pokémon in your games or want to complete your Pokédex, be sure to check Trade Corner! We have an amazing trading community here. Chances are you'll find anything you're looking for.

Enjoy your stay!

Back