• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hello there!

Years
    Hello people, i'm Alvin, and i've recently got back into Pokémon again.
    I've played since about 2005 or so, and the first game I got into was Pokémon Ruby, on my cousins Gameboy Advance. I immediately got hooked and played it non-stop for about 2 weeks, and finished the game after countless tries.
    Because I loved the game so much, I later got my own Nintendo DS and proceeded to start playing Pokémon Platinum.
    Since then i've played all the games up to OR/AS and i've loved them all. I've also played some ROM-hacks, which I also enjoyed.

When i'm not playing Pokémon I like reading, writing (from time to time) and watching Youtube, Netflix etc.
    I'm pretty pumped to get into the community, and I have no doubts it will be great fun.

Thanks for reading, and have a good one :)

Last edited:

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
    Welcome to PC, Alvin! I hope you enjoy your time here!

That's pretty cool, that you've played all the games since Ruby ^^ Were there any that were your favorites? With Ruby being your first introduction to the series, what did you think of ORAS?

Last edited:
    Years
    Hello and welcome Alvin, and I do admit it's a cool name even if most people associate it with a certain singing chipmunk. Anyways, how are you doing?

Ruby & Sapphire was your first Pokemon game? Same with me as well, and specifically Ruby like what happened with you. I recall the first moments I got hooked, and I have gone on to play most of the games from the following generations and never plan to quit anytime soon.

Our Culture & Media section is worth visiting, as well as Fan Fiction & Writing since you are a writer, but aside from that good luck with keeping activity up and I'll catch you sometime!

Looks like you're quite the big Pokemon fan. ;P Really happy to hear that! Lots of us are too of course. Welcome to PC, Alvin. :3 I've loved every Pokemon game I played too and have replayed most of them so many times that it's hard to count.. especially G/S/C and R/S/E, lol. What sorts of stories do you usually write? I'm a huge fan of fanfiction personally.

Years
    Welcome to PC, Alvin! I hope you enjoy your time here!

That's pretty cool, that you've played all the games since Ruby ^^ Were there any that were your favorites? With Ruby being your first introduction to the series, what did you think of ORAS?

Since Ruby was my first time playing i'd have to say that was my best experience i've had with any of the games, but Platinum was the first game that I ever really completed all the way, so it's a close one :P
    I also really loved ORAS, and I think it did the old games justice, except for the meh Battle Resort of course :/

Looks like you're quite the big Pokemon fan. ;P Really happy to hear that! Lots of us are too of course. Welcome to PC, Alvin. :3 I've loved every Pokemon game I played too and have replayed most of them so many times that it's hard to count.. especially G/S/C and R/S/E, lol. What sorts of stories do you usually write? I'm a huge fan of fanfiction personally.
    Thank you!
    And to answer your question I try to write whatever good idea comes to my mind, be it fantasy, sci-fi or what have you (though recently i've been having a hard time getting inspiration :().
    I'd also like to get into writing fanfiction, since I, like you really like it when it's well done. I just feel that I have never been commited enough into a game/movie series to really be able to do it justice in a fanfic. But in the future I might make an attempt, who knows? :3

Hello and welcome Alvin, and I do admit it's a cool name even if most people associate it with a certain singing chipmunk. Anyways, how are you doing?

Ruby & Sapphire was your first Pokemon game? Same with me as well, and specifically Ruby like what happened with you. I recall the first moments I got hooked, and I have gone on to play most of the games from the following generations and never plan to quit anytime soon.

Our Culture & Media section is worth visiting, as well as Fan Fiction & Writing since you are a writer, but aside from that good luck with keeping activity up and I'll catch you sometime!
    Thanks for the warm welcome, and I'll be sure to check those sections out! :)
    And for the record, I was pretty excited to see my own name in a movie on the cinemas. It quickly turned into anguish over people saying my name in a chipmunk voice.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back