• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help and Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2008
    Need some help with Using waterfall in Pokemon essentials.

which tiles? what terrain tag? just a step by step on making a waterfall and using the HM on it would be the best.

thanks

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2008
    I got a question, How do you make pokemon unseen until you have a scope (devon, silph etc.) as in ghost types that have to be identified by a scope. tried searching it out in the notes but had no luck.

Theik

Fancy Cape Knight
    Years
    • Seen Nov 16, 2014
    I got a question, How do you make pokemon unseen until you have a scope (devon, silph etc.) as in ghost types that have to be identified by a scope. tried searching it out in the notes but had no luck.

The easiest way I guess would be to make a new Pokémon that will function as the 'Ghost' Pokémon, which should be impossible to catch. Then in the event where you start the battle, check if they have an item (or even a variable set if it's not an actual inventory item), if they have it, make them engage the normal Pokémon, else make them encounter the 'Ghost' Pokémon.

It's even easier if you don't want them to encounter Pokémon at all unless they can see them, then just don't let the event start unless they have the item.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Ah, okay. Thanks JV. I'll try right now.
    ~It worked~ Okay; Now; How do you add a battle bgm for wild pokemon battles?

Use the editor to edit the global metadata (double-click on an empty spot in the Visual Editor). There should be an option there for it.

monarc

Cute! A Pokemon Adventure
    Years
  • hey guys.. uuuh as the topic may have informed you... I am a complete and total Newb >.> but I've always wanted to make a Pokemon game! I, However have pretty much do that ^^;

SO, so far I have downloaded RPGMXP, and Poccil's Starterpack. RPXP isn't that hard to figure out, but I've got now idea how to "apply" or whatever, the starterkit ^^;

Also, I am open to any suggestion at all, maybe something I should read, or look up to learn all about doing stuff lol... and yeah :) thanks for anyhelp at all, lol...

~RiDiC

PS. Irealise the the Starterkit isn't the ONLY way to make a game >.>, I just heard it was easier that wway lol, so I'd like to experiment with it first, then maybe come up with my own way of doing things...

PPS Any links for tutorials towards Spriting/Scripting/whatever would be appreciated =D

PPPS PLease don't think I'm being lazy >.< I am also scouring the internet for information lol...

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    hey guys.. uuuh as the topic may have informed you... I am a complete and total Newb >.> but I've always wanted to make a Pokemon game! I, However have pretty much do that ^^;

SO, so far I have downloaded RPGMXP, and Poccil's Starterpack. RPXP isn't that hard to figure out, but I've got now idea how to "apply" or whatever, the starterkit ^^;

Also, I am open to any suggestion at all, maybe something I should read, or look up to learn all about doing stuff lol... and yeah :) thanks for anyhelp at all, lol...

~RiDiC

PS. Irealise the the Starterkit isn't the ONLY way to make a game >.>, I just heard it was easier that wway lol, so I'd like to experiment with it first, then maybe come up with my own way of doing things...

PPS Any links for tutorials towards Spriting/Scripting/whatever would be appreciated =D

PPPS PLease don't think I'm being lazy >.< I am also scouring the internet for information lol...

In the starter kit, there's a Game.rxproj file. Open that in RPG Maker.

pkmn.master

Hobbyist Game Developer
    Years
  • I need to request somthing.I am making a city in my game that will be beside a volcano.Dose anyone happen to have a tileset with trees and buildings that have rooftops covered in volcanic ash?Credit will be givin if I use it.

Waudby

I need to request somthing.I am making a city in my game that will be beside a volcano.Dose anyone happen to have a tileset with trees and buildings that have rooftops covered in volcanic ash?Credit will be givin if I use it.

Check the resource thread, there are some tiles in one of the tilesets in there that have an ash ridden feel to them, I believe they are from a previous Pokémon game.

R/S/E i think.

bugbite250

A Christian Disciple
    Years
  • hello! i need to know where i can find Blissey's Starterkit. ive been looking. i just need a web address. thanks. answer as soon as you can.

Last edited:
    Years
  • What could be the reason for a tile to be passable even when it's set at impassable (X) in the database? There are these building tiles (really random tiles, like in the middle of a house) that i just walk straight through and I can't figure out why.

Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    On the layers above, make sure you're only erasing with the leftmost 'autotile' (the blank one; it's not actually an autotile, but is grouped with them at the top). Using any old blank tile to erase will make its passability come into effect (tiles are passable by default). Just use the top-left tile to go over the areas with problems.
    I actually had this happen to me today; a useful trick to find offending tiles is to fill all you blank tiles with a visible tile; any incorrect usage of blank tiles will appear as gaps. You can then undo the fill, and delete the tiles.

Tao

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    One question:
    Is it possible to change the resolution of the starter kit? I want to use selfmade sprites, but they are like the DP Sprites ( 80*80, double sized 160*160). But when I put them in, I have problems in the Pokedex, Summary etc. because the pics are to big. And it looks bad when i strech it into 128*128.

thx for help.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back