• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help I Need Everyones Opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CakeForTheSoul

You Are A Cinema
    Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2011
    I'm planning on raising a Cloyster and I need to know what nature I should use between...
    Shell Armor:Opponents Cannot Critical Hit.
    and
    Skill Link:Moves That Attack 2-5 Times always hit 5 times.

And Cloyster's final move that he learns is "Spike Cannon"

So Could Someone help.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I vouch for Shell Armour; it's just more useful, even if criticals are uncommon.

A critical hit can turn a battle completely against you, so it's best to avoid them.

Tox

fight me
    Years
    It really depends on personal preference and your moveset. Do you plan on having at least one move that hits 2-5 times? I'm not really sure on Cloyster's movesets but I'm guessing it has quite a few really useful moves. Both abilities are extremely useful and could or break your battle.

If you plan to use your Cloyster for Defense, go with Shell Armor. You'll never have to worry about the small chance of your opponent landing a Critical Hit. You're guaranteed consistancy.

On the other hand, Shell Link guarantees that your move will hit 5 times, but you still have the slight risk of a miss. Still, it could get you out of a tight corner as well.

Sorry, if that didn't help. I'm just looking into things a little deeper.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Cloyster's got enough defense to survive most critical hits anyway, so if you really want to use Spike Cannon, then use Skill Link, but most in the competitive community will recommend Shell Armor because clyster is a largely defensive pokemon anyways. :/

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Well, with that taken care of, please use the Team Help thread for any more help you might need with this or anything else.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back