• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] [HELP] libgcc.a not found

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2020
    I'm fairly certain I've followed the instructions on install.md exactly. However, when I run
    Code:
    ./install.sh ..pokeemerald
    , I get the result
    Code:
    cp: cannot stat 'libgcc.a': No such file or directory
    . What's causing this and how can I fix it?

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    I'm fairly certain I've followed the instructions on install.md exactly. However, when I run
    Code:
    ./install.sh ..pokeemerald
    , I get the result
    Code:
    cp: cannot stat 'libgcc.a': No such file or directory
    . What's causing this and how can I fix it?
    Did you build agbcc by using ./build.sh first?
    Also, are you sure that's the actual error?
    A picture of your terminal could be helpful.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2020
    Yes, I did exactly what was said in the install.md instructions. Here is what the error looks like:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2020
    You were right, I had to install it from docker. But there's another problem now. When I build, I get an error saying that there is no rule to make target '/base_tools'. I thought I could get around it by renaming the makefile into base_tools, but then I get an error saying there is no rule to make target 'clean'. I tried copying the makefile and renaming one into base_tools, but that just returned to the first error. Am I missing something here? What can I do?

Attachments

• [HELP] libgcc.a not found
      Screenshot from 2020-07-22 10-45-08.png
      82.7 KB · Views: 12
      Screenshot from 2020-07-22 10-44-03.png
      83.2 KB · Views: 4

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    When I build, I get an error saying that there is no rule to make target '/base_tools'.
    Your shell/terminal is still not recognizing your installation of devkitPro/devkitARM.
    I thought I could get around it by renaming the makefile into base_tools, but then I get an error saying there is no rule to make target 'clean'. I tried copying the makefile and renaming one into base_tools, but that just returned to the first error. Am I missing something here? What can I do?
    "base_tools" is just a script that tells the repository where each tool from devkitPro that is needed can be found, so yeah, doing any change to the makefile is pointless.

I wish I could help you more, but I'm not exactly a Linux user myself, so I'm not sure how things work there beyond the basic setup to get the decomps building, which has never given me any troubles, personally.

EDIT: One thing I could suggest you to try, is to use echo $DEVKITPRO and/or echo $DEVKITARM on your terminal.
    If the paths to devkitpro and devkitARM show up normally, I'm out of ideas.
    If they don't show up though, then the solution is simple. You'll have to introduce these commands one by one, reopen the Terminal and try to build agbcc again.
    Code:
    export DEVKITPRO=/opt/devkitpro
    echo "export DEVKITPRO=$DEVKITPRO" >> ~/.bashrc
    export DEVKITARM=$DEVKITPRO/devkitARM
    echo "export DEVKITARM=$DEVKITARM" >> ~/.bashrc

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2020
    Both devkitpro and devkitARM show their paths properly (I think).

I thought it might have something to do with the makefile, so I changed the "include" part and it seems to have brought me a little farther, but there are new errors. By the way, I really appreciate you helping me thus far. Sometimes I'm unsure if I express my thanks clearly enough over the Internet.

Attachments

Screenshot from 2020-07-22 13-54-44.png
      78.2 KB · Views: 6
      Screenshot from 2020-07-22 13-52-26.png
      101.1 KB · Views: 5
      Screenshot from 2020-07-22 13-47-53.png
      100.3 KB · Views: 4

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
    Years
    Both devkitpro and devkitARM show their paths properly (I think).

I thought it might have something to do with the makefile, so I changed the "include" part and it seems to have brought me a little farther, but there are new errors. By the way, I really appreciate you helping me thus far. Sometimes I'm unsure if I express my thanks clearly enough over the Internet.
    At this point, the only thing I could suggest you is to ask for help in Pret's Discord server, as there's a high chance you can receive proper help there.
    You can find an invitation in the README of any of their projects, including Pokeemerald's.

Back