• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help plz :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    Hello. I'm kinda new to game development and i was trying to change the resolution of the screen and i've kinda got it to work but now there is a problem with graphics which seems to big so it looks like this:
    Help plz :S

So can anyone please tell me what do i have to do to fix this ?
    Thanks!

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • Looks like your resolution is too low. change it to the default, or modify the oak graphic to make it appear in a smaller space.

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2014
    Looks like your resolution is too low. change it to the default, or modify the oak graphic to make it appear in a smaller space.

How can it be too low? I've seen many games using that resolution and everything was allright. And what do you mean by modifying the oak graphics? Like respriting it ?

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
    Years
  • the resolution of the box. It's too low.

The textbox automatically scales to the size of the screen.

If you're working with essentials, I would suggest leaving the resolution as it was, or else you will have to resize/position all the images.

carmaniac

Where the pickle surprise at?
    Years
  • How can it be too low? I've seen many games using that resolution and everything was allright. And what do you mean by modifying the oak graphics? Like respriting it ?

You do know that the options menu in the game changes the screen res to a smaller window size right? You don't have to change the resolution in the scripts.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
    Years
  • How can it be too low? I've seen many games using that resolution and everything was allright. And what do you mean by modifying the oak graphics? Like respriting it ?

Here's the problem: You're making an EXTREMELY simple mistake.

Go find the numbers you changed to alter the screen size and multiply them by 2. Pokemon essentials does EVERYTHING in 2x, and the player has the OPTION of down scaling it.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
    Years
  • IceGod's got the answer for ya. I'll be locking this now.
    Please read the rules next time.

-locked-

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back