• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Help setting up some hacking programs in Wine on Mac

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2017
    Hi,

I'm trying to set up to do some Fire Red hacking on my Mac. Gen 3 Studio works perfectly, and I got Advance Map to work with Wine, but I'm having trouble with some other programs.

To start, PKSV doesn't seem to work with Advance Map. It claims I set the program correctly, but trying to open a script gives me a "file not found" error.

I also tried Winebottling A-Trainer, Gen 3 Tools, and Unnamed Trainer Editor, but they all have the same issue- they open and then quit with no error message. I set up the log, but it tells me nothing. Occasionally they open, then close, then open again, then crash. Sometimes they ask me if I want to check for updates automatically before crashing. This happens no matter how I create the prefix- either with the rest of the folder contents or without.

Does anyone know how I can fix these problems? Or any alternatives to these programs I can use?

Just to save some time: My computer is a mid 2010 Macbook Pro, 2.66 GHz Intel Core i7 processor, 8 GB 1067 MHz DDR3 memory, NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M 512 MB card, OS X 10.9.5, and I have Wine Version 1.4.1.6.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I have since been informed that on page 10 of G3T's thread, SalamenceRE said which of the winetricks needed to be used. I tried his solution and it worked perfectly! So there's those out of the way- now all I'm having issues with is PKSV with A-Map.

Last edited:
    Back