• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help wanted: Piecing together a Sweeper team

ChipmunkGamingInc.

Owner of Chipmunk Gaming Inc.
    Years
    Good day to you all. I am Maelstrom of Chipmunk Gaming Inc. At Chipmunk Gaming Inc., we breed Pokemon to perfect battling standards. We are as dedicated to breeding as we are battling. Awhile ago, a friend of mine (who is NOT a part of Chipmunk Gaming Inc. because he thinks that our organization is stupid) challenged me to a battle. He had hacked his Pokemon and didn't tell me. I'd never lost to him before, and didn't want to forfeit the match, but he'd beat me anyways. I'm looking to breed and then raise Pokemon in order to defeat him, but in a round-about way to prove to him that breeding Pokemon and raising them from Level 1 is NOT stupid. That means a Shuckle Sweep. I'm not too good at making Sweep teams, so I got a strategy of the internet. The video was obscene in many places, so I'll just give you the gist of it:

-He started out with a Hypno, and Paralyzed the opponent.
    -He switched to Xatu and used Light Screen.
    -He used Reflect.
    -He switched to Gorebyss and used Aqua Ring and then Baton Pass in order to pass it off to his other Pokemon.
    -He then switches back to his Hypno and uses Trick Room. By this time his Light Screen wore off.
    (Trick Room will actually allow the Slower Pokemon to go first for 5 turns.)
    -He uses Baton Pass. By this time his Reflect wears off.
    -He then switches to the Shuckle Sweeper.
    -He uses Power Trick to switch the Defense and Attack around.
    -He then proceeds to destroy the foe's team with Stone Edge and Gyro Ball.

Obviously, I want Reflect and Light Screen to stay for Shuckle, but I also want to use different Pokemon were you have to breed for most of the moves seen in this video, just to prove him wrong.

Any suggestions?

*~Maelstrom~*

Zylas

Dat Trains Kid
    Years
    I understand the strategy you're trying to get at, but please give at least the few pokemon you do plan to use and their sets, nature, EVs, and items before posting the thread :P .

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Don't bother using gimmicks like Power Trick Shuckle. It needs loads of support to even work. I'd recommend visiting Smogon or other similar sites for effective Pokémon move sets, then using those sets yourself (with a few personal tweaks if you want). Smogon also has articles on how to battle effectively, breeding Pokémon and EV training.

ChipmunkGamingInc.

Owner of Chipmunk Gaming Inc.
    Years
    @Zylas: That's just it, I don't know what IV's, EV's, and Nature to give to my Pokemon. I need to BREED them first. All part of the plan to prove my friend wrong about breeding Pokemon.

@PlatinumDude: I've never been a fan of Smogon because I've lost many battles with their move sets, honestly. I also know how to breed for Pokemon Nature and IV's at the same time, although it's time consuming. I'll be sure to check Smogon though.

*~Maelstrom~*

Back