• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [Help!] Why am I unable to transfer Pokémon from HGSS to Black2?

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2023
    Whenever I connect the two games, the message "the save data could not be accessed" shows up on the HGSS side and a "communication error" shows up on the Black 2 side. I've tried using a few different 3ds and even a Dsi to no avail. I also tried using both HG and SS cartridges. My Platinum cartridge actually worked fine, but I wanted to transfer from HGSS to keep the apricorn pokéballs. The weird thing is, I've successfully transferred between HGSS and Black 2 before on different cartridges that I don't have anymore. Does anyone know what is going wrong of how I could fix it?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Looked up to see if others had this issue. Is your copy of Heartgold / Soulsilver a counterfeit? May be causing the problem, if so.

Back