• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Questions] Help with birthday present for grandson

Days
    • Seen Nov 2, 2023
    My grandson will soon have his 9th birthday. He and his friends are really into Pokemon cards. I would like to get him something special for his birthday, but I don't really know anything about it. I think I heard him talking about "Champion cards", but I could be wrong.

I would appreciate suggestions for something that he would really like and where to get it. I am willing to spend around $50 or so.

Thanks

PS: My apologies if I posted this in the wrong section. Please move if necessary.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Could they have been talking about Champion's Path? It's been out for a while, but they might still be interested in pulling that Shiny Charizard V or Rainbow Charizard VMax. They may have been talking specifically about the Champion's Path Elite Trainer Box, but that's about double your budget. Either way, a quick Google search should help you find stores in your area with packs/boxes in stock.

However, I'm personally a believer in gifting $$$ so they can pick out something they actually want rather than have someone guess and get it wrong (assuming they're experienced enough to not blow it all on bootlegs). That or getting a definitive wishlist and chatting with family and friends to sort out who's buying what, going in halvsies if need be.

Last edited:
    Back