• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Help with compiling c code! :(

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2016
    Hello, I am trying to follow Shiny Quagsire's tutorial on replacing the gamefreak intro found here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=304077

My problem is, I know how to compile the ASM into a .bin but i don't know how to compile the .c coding into a .bin.... I understand you need to use devkitARM and Quagsire's linker.lsc and I have both, but then what... I have the devkitARM ready, I have everything in his introtemplate for FireRed ready, including linker.lsc and intro.c
    Also it included a compile.bat and compile.sh which both uses the make command and i know the make command is used for devkitARM. But idk what to do with any of these files to convert intro.c into intro.bin! I double click compile.bat and it just says that make is not s reconized command. Can anyone help me out.. Thanks very much

Touched

Resident ASMAGICIAN
    Years
    • Age 122
    • Seen Feb 1, 2018
    If it says "make unrecognised" or whatever, then you clearly don't have make. Download GNU make it and install it. Make sure you can run it from the command line without the unrecognised message then re-run make/compile.bat or whatever. If you don't understand how the command line works, search on Google - there will be plenty of tutorials.

Back