• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with making tile sets

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    Ok, sorry if I posted this in the wrong place, but I have run into some trouble trying to make a tile set out of a screenshot. The screenshot is sized 214 x 180. It is also way off scale of the maps for rmxp. I have tried resizing it and taking it apart, but for some reason I can't get it to the right size. The picture of the screenshot is attached. If anyone can make it into an rmxp tile set for me or have a good gatehouse tile set, please post.

Years
  • I do not have a tile set for this, but I may be able to help with the resizing issue, the way the Tile work, is each individual tile is a 32x32 square, so if you develop off that, in multiples of 2/4 etc. You could get a nice looking result. Not sure if this is what you were stuck on when it came to that front, but that is an observation I have made through editing some tiles/making a few new ones.

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    I do not have a tile set for this, but I may be able to help with the resizing issue, the way the Tile work, is each individual tile is a 32x32 square, so if you develop off that, in multiples of 2/4 etc. You could get a nice looking result. Not sure if this is what you were stuck on when it came to that front, but that is an observation I have made through editing some tiles/making a few new ones.

Yes I know the way the tiles work. The thing is, the 32x32 is completely off the scale of the picture. I have tried multiple times to resize the picture, but have not succeeded in making it a size compatible with 32x32. Thanks anyway

Years
  • I guess the best solution is to expand the size of the graphic (without to resize it, if you understand. I can't explain it right in english...), move the pixel and fill the empty points with black. Here is my try of it, i think that is the best solution:

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    I guess the best solution is to expand the size of the graphic (without to resize it, if you understand. I can't explain it right in english...), move the pixel and fill the empty points with black. Here is my try of it, i think that is the best solution:

Thanks for trying. Yes I have tried resizing it, but I need it bigger to fit the size used in essentials. You just made it smaller, didn't change the scale, and make it more pixelated. It does look better then some of my attempts, but the original picture is better. Thanks for trying

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    i can get it so it more or less fits the 32X32 tileset but the entrance slope and exit slope causing some minor issues fitting it on a grid as they will use half tiles

EDIT
    ok forget that i cant rescale this were did you get the screen shot from and did you use the default zoom when you took it?

Last edited:

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    i can get it so it more or less fits the 32X32 tileset but the entrance slope and exit slope causing some minor issues fitting it on a grid as they will use half tiles

EDIT
    ok forget that i cant rescale this were did you get the screen shot from and did you use the default zoom when you took it?

Well, I found a map of the same exact picture, but sized to 32x32 on deviant art, but it was strictly not public. This picture is from bulbapedia. I didn't take the shot

Years
  • Uhm... nether I did make it smaller nor I pixelated it. I had the grid in photoshop on and it looks perfect for me. I changed the size of the graphic and moved the pixel, so it will fit in 16x16 squares. If you want to use it in essentials, you only have to double the size.

The dimensions of the graphic are now 448x384, what can be easily divided by 32 (pixels).

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    Uhm... nether I did make it smaller nor I pixelated it. I had the grid in photoshop on and it looks perfect for me. I changed the size of the graphic and moved the pixel, so it will fit in 16x16 squares. If you want to use it in essentials, you only have to double the size.

The dimensions of the graphic are now 448x384, what can be easily divided by 32 (pixels).

Thank You. I don't know what happened. For some reason when I copied your image in your last post I got a shrunken pixelated version that didn't fit still. This looks great! Thank you.

And can someone lock this thread now, it isn't needed anymore.

Years
    • Seen Aug 31, 2023
    the problem with that is the floor tiles done seam to match correctly otherwise yh it does fit it like that

Rayd12smitty

Shadow Maker
    Years
    • Seen Feb 21, 2016
    the problem with that is the floor tiles done seam to match correctly otherwise yh it does fit it like that

I don't completely understand what you are saying. I did get it to work now. If anyone else wants the tiles here they are. I put them into a tile set. The only thing you need is to put all the tiles on the top into the first layer and then use the tiles of bushes and counters in the second layer where they go. Here it is. Credits go to
    ?bulbapedia?
    pokemon 3000
    rayd12smitty

here you go

Gatehouse%20tiles%20HGSS.png

Back