• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Help with team

Years
  • Not sure if this is a discussion but I think it fits best XD

I just want to ask about my current Pokemon team in alpha sapphire that I started today.

My team consists of mudkip, zoroa, larvitar and charmander right now and I am not sure what my last 2 Pokemon should be I am thinking either gardiovine or Gallade but is not sure what would fit best for my team (I am strongly interested in competitive) also thought about pokemon to add later like flygon, lopbunny, froslass but suggestions would be awesome.

Anyways thanks to all that took the time to read this and beforehand thanks for the help :3

MudderHacky

Consider the asp.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2017
    Omega, that depends on a lot of factors. I.e. are you intending to mega evolve tyranitar, what kind of strategy you enjoy (sweep, physical, special, stall, status/stats, balanced, etc.), and succeeding in competitive almost always requires specific breeding and training. I can pm with you about this and buttlet, pidge14, and Hhdude here have been huge helps for me. Furthermore, a discussion like this is best to be in a battle corner forum. C: Again, feel free to pm me and I'll help this to be a great time playing pokemon... hopefully. c:

MudderHacky

Consider the asp.
    Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2017
    I see now that it was moved already to battling/team building. xDD :D

Years
  • So are you interested only in singles, or possibly in Doubles as well? Generally speaking, advice might be a bit vague as it depends on the Pokemon used and the specifics of this, but generally speaking there might be some vulnerabilities to fighting types, either Mega-Evolved like Lopunny or after set-up on their part. You might then want a Psychic type, or a Ghost if you really prefer. In addition, as Charizard, Swampert and Tyranitar are all fairly straightforwardly attacking, you might want something which can spread status effects or similar. Zoroark will presumably help with the threat of Grass-types, so things should be vaguely manageable if Charizard goes down or is made vulnerable by Stealth Rock, and you might want to exploit their Ability by drawing opponents into a Grass-type to counter Swampert and then using Zoroark. Something like Mega-Sableye could perform a few functions here, but it might be a bit too out of joint with the rest of your team - and in any case these are threatened as much or more by 'special' attacks as physical attacks that Will-O-Wisp could plausibly make less practical. Dragon-types could be a problem, so Ice or Fairy might be an option - since Fire is generally quite well resisted by this team, a Steel/Fairy type could be useful there. Water-types could also be an issue - perhaps slightly less if you Mega-Evolve Charizard, but this is still unlikely to be sufficient -, but this could be countered in various ways, including by an Electric-type which can Paralyse, or if you need a Grass-type or similar. While something like Lopunny could be useful, it might be more important to get roles involving possible build-up threats or status effects going immediately.

Back