• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help with Trainer cards

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2010
    I'm just getting into the TCG again after about 7 years, and a lot has changed since then. I'm catching on to the way the game works, but I need some help choosing trainers for a deck I'm building. I have a pretty good idea as to what I need in relation to my strategy (dealing out bench damage), but are they any must-have trainers out there that no deck should be without? Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2010
    Luxury Ball, Bebe's Search and Cynthia's Feelings are some really good ones.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2015
    I know it's a Supporter instead of a Trainer, but Roseanne's Reasearch is extremely popular and useful right now. Any cards (including Pokemon) that allow you to draw into your deck quickly and often are invaluable to a deck, that includes Roseanne's Research, Bebe's Search, Claydol from Great Encounters, and Uxie from Legends Awakened. These are cards that you will find in most competitive players' decks right now, along with Unown G, which serves a different purpose.
    Another important Trainer is Rare Candy, it allows you to evolve a Pokemon you just played which is a great advantage.

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2010
    Thanks! When I said Trainers, that would include Supporters and Pokemon Tools, etc. I haven't played the game in like 7 years, so I kind of have an old timer's lingo, but I'm catching on quickly. I'm working on a Fire/Fighting deck if anyone's interested in helping me get it right (it's the "Fire/Fighting Deck- Need help!" thread on the TCG Deck Reviewing board, can't post URL yet because I'm new).

spastman

Pokemon Proffesor
    Years
    aslo a great tech is 4 pokedrawer + & 4 pokedex handy. if you play cynthias feelings, then its also a good idea for play 2 vs seekers, and only 1 cynthias.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2024
    Luxury Ball, Bebe's Search and Cynthia's Feelings are some really good ones.

I'm not sure if "Cynthia's Feelings" is a good supporter card. But Luxury Ball and Bebe's search are quite worthy cards, and that's why i have them in my deck.

zpunk

unknown
    Years
    if you just wait till the tenth the heart gold and soul silver come out
    they re-made alot of the old trainers but made em in to supporters

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2010
    Roseanne's Research, Bebe's Search, Poke Drawer +, Cyrus's Conspiracy (if you play an SP deck), and Cynthia's Feelings are all very good cards.

Back