• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other✓] help with vs.seeker (firered)

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2014
    Hey! I'm fairly new to rom hacking and have some questions about vs.seeker in firered/leafgreen.

How do i get trainers to respond to vs seeker? I have a proper script with 0x0 and 0x5(i think :) ) but why doesnt the trainer want to rematch me?

The things that happens:
    1. A x appear over the trainers head indicating a no.
    2. A message saying "there is no trainers around. The vs seeker was turned of"

Either way i cant rebattle him...
    If u know some about the vs seeker, please give me a point in the right direction.

Thx in advance!

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2014
    HI! Spherical Ice! I read ur comment about that flag on another post. and i have tried but didnt get it to work.. :( Dont know why...

here is some screenshots:

View attachment 73150

View attachment 73151

View attachment 73152

here is my script for my trainer:

#dynamic 0x600000

#org @main
    trainerbattle 0x0 0x2E7 0x0 @intro @defeat
    special2 LASTRESULT 0x39
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @main2
    msgbox @msg 0x2
    end

#org @main2
    trainerbattle 0x5 0x2E7 0x0 @intro @defeat
    msgbox @msg2 0x2
    end

#org @intro
    = Where did I come from?

#org @defeat
    = ....

#org @msg
    = You again?

#org @msg2
    = You again?

Years
    Code:
    #dynamic 0x800000

//---------------
    #org @start
    trainerbattle 0x0 0x2E7 0x0 @string1 @string2
    special2 LASTRESULT 0x39
    compare LASTRESULT 0x1
    if 0x1 goto @snippet1
    msgbox @string3 MSG_NORMAL
    end

//---------------
    #org @snippet1
    trainerbattle 0x5 0x2E7 0x0 @string1 @string2
    msgbox @string3 MSG_NORMAL
    end

//---------
    // Strings
    //---------
    #org @string1
    = Where did I come from?

#org @string2
    = ...

#org @string3
    = You again?
    Well, this is your script is a more clean format. Offsets before 0x720000 are not safe for use. If you did actually set the flag and everything, then it should be working.

Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2014
    I can't get it to work...
    I changed the offsets and compiled again still same results...

thx for taking ur time though

Years
    Oh, I know the reason why this isn't working: you're using an invalid Trainer ID.

Don't try and create new Trainers: there are more than enough free spaces for new Trainers, and you can always replace pre-existing ones, too. Try this script again, this time using the Trainer ID of, say, 0x0. Also, it turns out I was completely wrong when I said 0x82C was the flag you needed to set. I don't think it uses a flag at all, but it wouldn't be 0x82C anyway, it would be 0x292. As the highest Trainer ID is 0x2E5, nothing higher will be compatible with the Vs. Seeker, unless you break some limiters (I would assume, I don't actually know).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 6, 2014
    Oh, I know the reason why this isn't working: you're using an invalid Trainer ID.

Don't try and create new Trainers: there are more than enough free spaces for new Trainers, and you can always replace pre-existing ones, too. Try this script again, this time using the Trainer ID of, say, 0x0. Also, it turns out I was completely wrong when I said 0x82C was the flag you needed to set. I don't think it uses a flag at all, but it wouldn't be 0x82C anyway, it would be 0x292. As the highest Trainer ID is 0x2E5, nothing higher will be compatible with the Vs. Seeker, unless you break some limiters (I would assume, I don't actually know).

Thx now its workning! Im using trainer BEN 0x59 in my new trainer script with vs.seeker and it works!
    But you need to have the flag 0x292 set! and dont use invalid trainers!

(Just some curios question: I haved played the game through before trying to implent new trainers and experimenting with vs.seeker. but i have used the vs.seeker on trainers before "in the game" and it worked to rebattle them... but with my new trainer i had to set the flag before the vs.seeker was willing to work..

Its strange..)

But now this is solved we could say!

Back