• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Help workshop] Map help thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    Hey guys. I have a question...

I'm trying to put a bridge on a map:

I've sort of learned how to get it so you can walk on it to the other side, and walk underneath it, but the problem is, the tile had to either be on top or under the player... so when he walks under and above it'll be the same... how would you make it so when he walks under it is above him, but when he walks over it it below him?

Note the bridge is just a test.

To do that, all you have to do is put 3C on the bridge tiles and a different number on where the bridge ends.
    3C has its own definition:
    Movement permission: 3C passable above and below.
    thats what you are talking about right?

Years
    To do that, all you have to do is put 3C on the bridge tiles and a different number on where the bridge ends.
    3C has its own definition:
    Movement permission: 3C passable above and below.
    thats what you are talking about right?
    That fixed part of the problem. But the problem is that when you walk on top of it, the bridge tile appears on top of you, and when you walk under it the bridge tile appears on top of you. How do I make it appear on top of you when you walk under, but you appear on top of the bridge when you walk over it.

Thrace

@tion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2016
    That fixed part of the problem. But the problem is that when you walk on top of it, the bridge tile appears on top of you, and when you walk under it the bridge tile appears on top of you. How do I make it appear on top of you when you walk under, but you appear on top of the bridge when you walk over it.
    Look at Neti's AdvanceMap tutorial it shows you how to create a bridge.

Years
    ok, thank you, I will look at it in a second.

I also got one more quick question, if someone does not mind answering :/

For the entrance, I cannot seem to get it to work. The automatic thing that happened using the game's default tiles caused the character to move back a space when you enter. How do I make the character move up one space when they enter the cave? and make it possible for them to exit?

edit: "Each Block has a Bottom Layer of tiles which will be dispalyed UNDER the hero and a top layer which will be displayed OVER the hero."

I don't understand that? Can I just make the tile, or do I have to do something special like you need to do to animate flowers?

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
    Years
    There's a tile that looks just like the one you have in front of the exit that is supposed to go in front of the exit. Its behavior is different and allows the player to exit.

Years
    There's a tile that looks just like the one you have in front of the exit that is supposed to go in front of the exit. Its behavior is different and allows the player to exit.
    hmm, I think I got that. But, When you enter, the player moves down a space :s

Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2008
    how do you add trainers like put a trainer so when you walk infront of him you battle and things like tht.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I'm having a little map issue too.
    How do I fix this? :\
    Also, it's a video.

Megiddo-san

Barium - Summer '12 Return?
    Years
    If the tilesets aren't the same for the town and route try making them the same or maybe the connection that the route has isn't perfectly inline with the connection the town has.

KhaosKnight

The 1 and only Khaotic Hacker
    Years
    • Seen May 28, 2015
    I don't understand what u mean. :\

Its the way you have the routes connected, click on the puzzle piece four arrows icon in AMap and try to re align the connections

EDIT: sorry i got the buttons confused

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Well, I'm afraid to delete one, cause if I try to delete the connection that I want to delete, the other one will get deleted.
    And I can't really add a new one because if I tried to save it, it would have something called an, "I/Q error", whatever that is, and it won't save. :\

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back