• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Herlo! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorin

Pixies Dance
    Years
    Wow Samson, your sprites are truly awesome. I really like your style and how you sprited in R/S/E/FR/LG style. I hope you won't quit spriting just because Chaos Black is dead? I've always liked your style (my old account name was KeeSz but I don't have acces to it anymore >_<) and these sprites are just great. The concepts are awesome too... I myself always have trouble coming up with ideas that are really different from Pokemon. I agree the colours are a bit dull on some sprites but I don't see that as a big problem..

Frespritz is probably my favourite. Love the way it looks.

Fancies_Chanseys

Collector
    Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2008
    How

All of these are awesome!
    I especially love Kecleon's Pre Evo. Little Lizard <3

Uhh I was just wondering how you make these? Is there a program or do you draw them then edit on computer?
    Please tell me! I'm a big fan and interested in trying it myself..

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
    thanks folks! i know it's been a few days since any new sprites have made an appearance. yah, i've been through a combination of busyness and laziness the past few days, and now that my DS lite broke (those weak hinges... %@$#), i can't ignore my fakemons as much =/ but before i post some more, let's get to some commentary.

like i said, the stormidran isn't my concept, but i always felt there needed to be a dragon/electric type and liked the concept, so i went with it. the female/male thing, i think it's a little late for that, but it could be something simple like it evolving when dragonair's friendship reaches the max before it evolves into dragonite. i think the idea that the creator was trying to present is an evo with different stats (higher sp atk) but who looks more like dragonair. the thing with dragonite is that it randomly gets limbs, becomes beige and grows horns.

sorry that some of the sprites aren't showing. yeah, imageshack isn't the best, but i'm too lazy to find another image host.

hey KeesZ, yes of course i remember you. you were a talented spriter yourself. you make any new stuff yourself? i'm going to keep spriting just as long as i'm coming up with ideas. i haven't drawn anything new in about a month, so i'm definitely running out of them. i'll probably then get into bigger pieces, or maybe even a dex.

thanks fancies! and hate to disappoint you, but there's no special way i do it. i just draw the concepts on paper and use either photoshop or paint to sprite them freehandedly. i prefer photoshop because i'm a big photoshop junkie, but more skilled spriters prefer paint. can't argue with them. i do have a small tutorial from a while ago. it's not really helpful but it's exactly what i go through when i sprite. here it is:

yup, those are the exact steps what i go through. the second step is what definitely takes the longest. trying to make an outline that is nice enough to finish is what take me a little over an hour. other spriters just start from a color and build off of that and complete it in minutes. i'm not one of them.

okay so here goes another 5 fakemon:

Flurrel (Snow Poke - Ice [Splash, Powder Snow, Odor Sleuth, Defense Curl, Ice Ball])
    Frozzel (Snow Poke - Ice [Aurora Beam, Psybeam, Hypnosis, Hail, Signal Beam...])
    Nevidrel (Frost Poke - Ice/Dragon [Blizzard, Sheer Cold, Twister, Calm Mind...])
    Wanark (Cripple Poke - Steel *Levitate* [Supersonic, Sonicboom, Tackle, Dizzy Punch, Bullet Punch, Iron Defense...])
    Yonark (Antigravity Poke - Steel *Levitate [Thunderpunch, Meteor Mash, Taunt, Swagger, Screech])

more to come after new years. have a happy holidays folks =D

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I smell talent!

Seriously Sam, I like these heaps more than the offical sprites, and a helluva lot more than the third/fourth gens.

Samson

Years
    OMG NONONONONO. i hope i'm allowed to resume posting in this thread. if this is an issue, please tell me, mods.

i have been making new sprites when i can, but the biggest issue is that i haven't gotten any of the backsprites for the new material done, so i don't plan on posting those just yet (yah, blame school work >=/). but i do still have a few stuff i haven't shown.

Zeethal (Heat Rise Poke - Fire [Hidden Power, Smokescreen, Smog, Confusion, Protect...])
    Zeebreez - (Heat Expand Poke - Fire [Overheat, Selfdestruct, Sunny Day, Extrasensory...])
    Blasteam (Launch Poke - Fire/Electric [Tackle, Agility, Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, Selfdestruct...])

all three of these were designed quite spontaneously, so yeah, they're crappy, get over it XD the first two are supposed to be fire versions of snorunt and glalie. i love glalie so i had to do a bit of a spinoff of it.

here are some sprites i made specifically for a member named Spriter. now before you start bombing my pm box, understand that i never have and never do requests. this person just approached me in the right way and it must have been a good day. anyway, here they are:

Sharparal
    Barbiseer
    Ikoros

these are the fully-evolved forms of his starters (for whatever project he has going). i also did the sprites for the rest of the evo lines, but you didn't think i would trust you all with them, would you? XD

speaking of which, you're not allowed to use them. they belong to him and that's what he has requested.

more to come... although not in the nearest future =x

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
    I dub you official amazing spriter of PC.

I'm not the biggest fan of Sharparal (Little too busy), and the hands on Ikoros bother me just a little bit 9maybe make the arms a little bigger going into them), but they look good in general.

Last edited:

NessStar3000

Ever Perpetual
    Years
    • Seen Jan 27, 2011
    Your sprites are amazing pieces of works, you really have a talent when it comes to this. Keep up the awesome collection, that's all I have to say.

Budgie

Life is music, play it louder!
    Years
    • Seen May 7, 2008
    ha!
    I love them :)
    some of them look like pokémon has actually made them

Samson

Years
    sorry, megg. won't sprite for ya. i'm umm busy...

speaking of which, i've really been avoiding spriting. but do not fear! i do have some new material that i will release sooner or later. for now, here's a throwaway:

Littori! the chicken poke rofl. think of it as one of those magikarp type pokes... the coloring and shading is so off, but meh, it's just a sprite XD

Finn

omfg... it's a sandshrew
    Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2008
    the sprites are really good, and they look like they took a lot of time and effort. but to be honest, if i was a trainer, and i encountered one of those in the wild, i would be worried that there was a nuclear waste spill nearby. they are really good, don't get me wrong, but i just don't see them as pokemon

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    Shame on you :(
    Cant you see a pokemon with it's bone sticking out of it's wing? :)
    yeah I think they look good.

Samson

Years
    lol! nuclear waste spill, huh? that's exactly what i imagine when i create them XD. seriously, i know the spriting isn't all that great, but do they really look like... well, forms of muk? lol

and haha, yeah, littori is a great example of waste. ever just think to yourself... 'what in the world does brock put in his soup?' well, alas, there is an answer! LITTORI. i knew i had to make it look pathetic, but delectable, and suddenly, it appeared into it's current form XD. it has an evo that's pretty awesome, hence the magikarp reference, but the idea is that only very few littori actually evolve, leaving a majority of them to constantly breed with each other for endless CHIKENZ for the world to eat, yo.

anywho, i haven't sprited anything new since because of school and work, but this thread MUST LIVE!! and so it shall (with another throwaway...):

Oretrov, the mine lurk pokemon. not the mines that explode, tho i do have a concept for that drawn already... XD. rather, the mineral mines. it's based off of a myth i once heard about some mine creature that curses those who takes any piece of rock. has a pre-evo that i love, but won't post until i do the backsprites.

so, is it rock/ghost or ground/ghost? first one to guess correctly gets an e-cookie.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
    Ground/Ghost would fit. It would have some awesome resistances if it had Levitate. I love all of your sprites Samson. Always have.

TB Pro

Old-timer
    Years
    Hello, Samson. I believe that Oretrov is a Ground/Ghost type. I really like Littori! It's strange/awesome! I really like the way your sprites look, and if you don't mind, I may use them in my hack.(just some tho)

himowa

Buy one get one free
    Years
    I'm loving these, they are fantasticly shaded, drawn. Some of the backsprites are a little iffy, but backs are super hard sometimes.

good work!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back