• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HexManiacAdvance: A New Hex Editor for Gen 3 Hacking

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Anyone know how to get HMA to work with newer hacks like ROWE? I'd like to go in to make new changes to some of the mons but the Pokédex isn't there. This has been a problem for other newer hacks as well, if there's a fix for this I'd gravely appreciate it.

haven1433

Modder / Programmer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    Just released version 0.4.4! This fixes many of the bugs from 0.4.3, as well as adding support for creating and applying patches, both IPS and UPS. It also includes a nice visual update for the table tool and the goto screen. Check GitHub for the full details!

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen Dec 24, 2023
    Anyone know how to get HMA to work with newer hacks like ROWE? I'd like to go in to make new changes to some of the mons but the Pokédex isn't there. This has been a problem for other newer hacks as well, if there's a fix for this I'd gravely appreciate it.

Editing the rom hack ROWE? pretty sure that's a decomp hack and won't probably work in binary tools.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Yea that's what people said in the discord. Maybe I'll be able to if they ever release the source code

sylingga

Red Everywhere
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    Hello, i'm trying to use version 0.4.4 and see tab trainer
    iv-hma-0-4-4.png

On the tab "TEAM" there was IV number beside pokemon name.
    What the meaning of this?
    What number i need to use, if i want IV pokemon has full 31 on each stat?

Thank you

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    The IV number indicates the number of IVs each Pokemon has on every stat. For example, here, the rival's Gyarados have 12 IVs in HP, in Attack, in Defense, in Speed, in Special Attack and in Special Defense. So if you want all Pokemons to have max IVs, all you have to do is change that number to 31.

sylingga

Red Everywhere
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2024
    The IV number indicates the number of IVs each Pokemon has on every stat. For example, here, the rival's Gyarados have 12 IVs in HP, in Attack, in Defense, in Speed, in Special Attack and in Special Defense. So if you want all Pokemons to have max IVs, all you have to do is change that number to 31.

I See, thank you

Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2024
    I don't know what I did wrong but I realized, the numbers have jumped from "power" row to "type", from "type" row to "accuracy"... However, the moves still work fine when playing. How to fix this problem?

Xoy

Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2022
    First, thanks for the tool, it's really good. Now, does this work with hack roms that already have cfru and dpe implemented? And can we edit the EVs too?

Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2023
    What does the "ai" section in the trainer data mean? Can't find a way to share the picture (Pokecommunity only allows web pictures, to my information), but it has the "CheckBadMove," "TryToKO," etc. I'm confused specifically on the "Risky," "HPAware," and the (to my count) 19 "Ret" selections.

Guzeinbuick

I make Digimon rom hacks
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thank you so much for the awesome program. I've messed around with it a little and it seems really amazing.

Just one quick question:

I want to add more attacks. 511 isn't enough for me. I need around 800. However, if I add an additional 300 rows to the Moves table, a new move cannot be learned by Pokemon in the Pokemon table. The moveset table will not recognize it.

Naturally I tried the "make attacks expandable" function and all seemed well. But when actually playtesting the game, all hell broke loose. My Pokemon can land its first move, but following that all attacks miss. Me, my opponent, wild mons, all of them missing each other. Aside from the hilarity of the mental image all Pokemon in the world suddenly going blind and swinging around wildly, this certainly makes the game unplayable.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

haven1433

Modder / Programmer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    @Guzeinbuick what version of HMA are you using? I think that there was a bug in the 0.4.3 move expansion routine, but that the bug is fixed in the 0.4.4 version.

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    Really good tool though I do have a question. Sometimes it doesnt find a text line from the game despite being in the game. For ex I want to search Hello.This is what we call a pokemon etc and it says that it cant find it even though this is the first line in the game. I want to modify the text in the game since other tools for some reason dont work for me but things like this happen. Is there a way to show all the text in the game on a page or in the same place without me having to search each line individually and sometimes not even finding them for again some reason.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2023
    Hello, I'm new to hex editing and I'm running into a few issues using the program (ver 0.4.4). When trying to search "type chart" under "goto"/the searchbar, I get an error: "Unable to go to address 'type chart'." Is there another way to access the type chart/type effectiveness?

unable to type chart.JPG

haven1433

Modder / Programmer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    HMA 0.5 is now released! Has a good chunk of bugfixes compared to October's version, along with a few new features. Check the HMA github page for details.

For those of you trying to reach me on this thread, I do check occasionally, but I'm much more active on Discord (check the Help menu in the app for an invite), since that's a bettor method for dialogs.

Years
    • Seen Oct 12, 2023
    Sir, how add new overworld. I want add some character in overworld but when I extend the table or click add 1 new...
    it is duplicated the last overworld up.
    When I edit or import they are all edited the same... even though I just want to edit the new one, the old one still gets changed..
    Of course i repointed them
    Really hope someone make a tutorial on how to add overworld to rom...
    Sorry for my bad english..

Years
    • Seen Oct 28, 2023
    This tool has helped me out a lot ever since I started using, however, ever since I added custom Pokemon using PGE, Hex Maniac Advance doesn't seem to know where the new Pokemon are. Instead, it just does this:

I don't know how to repoint tables in Hex Maniac so I'm just lost. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2023
    I love this program, but I'm having an issue.

I want the Physical/Special split but I also want to add new moves with new custom animations using MoveAnimationCreator, which does work in isolation.

But if I add custom moves/animations, then the other editors like PGE/G3T won't load the ROM, so I can't manually add the PSS split for each move.

Is there any way around this or any way that this program could eventually add an optional category for each type of move?

haven1433

Modder / Programmer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    @verloren HMA has no current plans to support anything outside of the English 1.0 and 1.1 pokemon gba games (R/S/E and FR/LG)

Back