• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey! I'm new, and I need help

Days
    • Seen Feb 11, 2024
    Hey there 👋 I'm Zuko...ahem, I mean Mags. I am 34 years old and used to play Pokemon religiously growing up. I havent played a Pokemon game in quite some time however, I literally just found out about rom hacks for Pokemon games LAST NIGHT! I just spent the last 5 hours downloading roms and patches, the correct software, etc....but they don't work! I don't know what I am doing wrong!!! Please help! 😭

I have years of catching up to do with all these games:

Altair/Sirius - emerald
    Vega - firered
    Adventure Red - firered
    Gaia - firered
    Unbound - firered
    Nameless - firered
    Glazed - emerald
    Sienna - firered
    rocket edition - firered

I even made sure I was downloading the correct roms to patch. I've come here with nowhere else to turn...as far as I know I am doing everything right. Is there a setting in my smartphone that is getting in the way of the process maybe?

Hey! I'm new, and I need help

This isn't telling me what's wrong nor is it accepting it...I'm at a loss...

Last edited:

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Hello there Mags, and welcome to the PC.

My fellow greeter is correct, this isn't the best section for a question like this, and indeed it is the Fangame section you'll want to ask about this issue.

That being said, I hope you find the help you need!

Years
  • Hi MagenticAnomaly, welcome!

You appear to be trying to do this on a mobile device. My suggestion to you, is to do your ROM-patching on a PC and transfer them to your phone.

Failing that, look around for pre-patched versions of the rom-hacks you want, and download those instead. ROMs and patches can be fickle, and when you bring a mobile device into the mix, it can be trickier to figure out.

Welcome again to PokéCommunity!

Back