• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey PC!

Fil

Years
    My name's Phil and I, of course, am a Pokemon fan. I'm not a part of many forums and I mainly lurk the ones I am. However, a Pokemon forum may switch things up a bit.

The video games are what made me a fan of the franchise. Much enjoyment has been had with each generation. This contributed to a growing collection of Pokemon games,
    limited edition consoles, cards, etc. It helped that I already collected video games and consoles, mostly Nintendo.

Heart Gold & Soul Silver have to be my favorite installments at the moment. Returning to Johto was a blast. I have yet to play OR/AS that much, but I have quickly lost a nuzlocke in that game.
    I was not expecting what hopped out of that shaking grass... I've since restarted and I am a gym badge in. Hoenn is right up there with Johto for me, so It's been great so far!

Hope to see everyone around!

Last edited:
    Hoenn and Johto are both amazing. :') But my two favorite regions personally are Hoenn and Unova, though Johto is a close third. Your avatar reminds me of the good 'ol days of playing the TCG game for GBC omg. Really brings me back. Anyways, huge welcome to PC, Phil!

Hope you'll have a good time exploring. We all encourage you to post as there is tons to discuss here and everyone is pretty chill. Don't forget to ask a staff member if you need help, yes? See you around!

Reactions: Fil
    Years
    You will really like these forums. Out of the 5 different places I tried, this one is damn near perfect. There's not mass amount of post every second, the people aren't idiots who spam troll reaction images, and everything else is pretty friendly.

Fil

Years
    Hoenn and Johto are both amazing. :') But my two favorite regions personally are Hoenn and Unova, though Johto is a close third. Your avatar reminds me of the good 'ol days of playing the TCG game for GBC omg. Really brings me back. Anyways, huge welcome to PC, Phil!

Hope you'll have a good time exploring. We all encourage you to post as there is tons to discuss here and everyone is pretty chill. Don't forget to ask a staff member if you need help, yes? See you around!

I believe the TCG for GBC had the Base, Fossil, and Jungle (the vaporeon card's expansion), along with some game exclusives. I definitely had some good times with that game as well! Thanks for the welcome and I'll do my best to take some time exploring and ask for help if I need it!

You will really like these forums. Out of the 5 different places I tried, this one is damn near perfect. There's not mass amount of post every second, the people aren't idiots who spam troll reaction images, and everything else is pretty friendly.

Sounds great! I have a feeling I'll have a great time on here.

REALFireEagle

Pokemon Master
    Years
    Welcome to PC, Fil! I appreciate you joining the community! I must say that FireRed and LeafGreen's my favorite remake of the games. I'm a collector of cards as well, but since I don't know where they are who knows how valuable they are haha. Well, see you around!

Fil

Years
    I love HG/SS too :D
    And also only just went to the battle resort in OR... Yeah, I've been slacking. But getting there!

I've been playing in small increments, not enough to really do much, but they'll add up!

Welcome to PC, Fil! I appreciate you joining the community! I must say that FireRed and LeafGreen's my favorite remake of the games. I'm a collector of cards as well, but since I don't know where they are who knows how valuable they are haha. Well, see you around!

Thanks for the welcome! You'll have to go on a search for those cards when you get a chance!

Infamy

Also known as ShinySigma
    Years
    I'm also a lover of good ol' Johto and Hoenn, they're definitely my two favorite regions. G/S/C/R/S/E/HG/SS/OR/AS are ALL fantastic games, I loved every second of each of them! I think we could get along, haha.

Welcome to PC, Fil! :)

Years
    Oh hey! Unlucky on your first nuzlocke attempt in ORAS man xD hopefully your second playthrough ends up a lot better welcome to the PC though man! :D

Fil

Years
    I'm also a lover of good ol' Johto and Hoenn, they're definitely my two favorite regions. G/S/C/R/S/E/HG/SS/OR/AS are ALL fantastic games, I loved every second of each of them! I think we could get along, haha.

Welcome to PC, Fil! :)

Woo Johto and Hoenn! Thanks for the welcome!

Oh hey! Unlucky on your first nuzlocke attempt in ORAS man xD hopefully your second playthrough ends up a lot better welcome to the PC though man! :D

Haha, thanks! Everything was going just fine until I ran into a shroomish in Petalburg Woods. I stepped into that shaking grass, not expecting anything too bad, but then this over-leveled, mushroom tank just decided to drop my whole party. Shroomish managed to be the first Pokemon I ran into in Petalburg Woods when I started again. I caught it and I am now currently in Slateport and glad that I have a mushroom tank on my side now. Also, thanks for the welcome!

Years
    Why did I not respond to this sooner? Anyways, big late welcome to you Fil!

I can definitely say Johto and Hoenn, along with Kanto always get the praise which sadly often leaves their newer counterparts being underrated or copping lots of hatred, but then again I can see why you love the classic stuff. Nostalgia always hits the veterans, and now that those three old-timey regions got remakes they finally got their attention to the more modern era of kids playing Pokemon.

Everyone has already covered your interests so not much else I can leave here but I hope you enjoy your time at PC!

Fil

Years
    Why did I not respond to this sooner? Anyways, big late welcome to you Fil!

I can definitely say Johto and Hoenn, along with Kanto always get the praise which sadly often leaves their newer counterparts being underrated or copping lots of hatred, but then again I can see why you love the classic stuff. Nostalgia always hits the veterans, and now that those three old-timey regions got remakes they finally got their attention to the more modern era of kids playing Pokemon.

Everyone has already covered your interests so not much else I can leave here but I hope you enjoy your time at PC!

You're right about the first three generations hogging the spotlight from the other installments. I've seen people dismiss the new generations basically because they aren't the older ones. Nostalgia is a big factor and I don't know if HG/SS would be on the top for me without it. Thanks for the welcome!

Back