• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hey there

BWZ

Days
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    Hi everyone !
    I'm 31 and a fan of Pokémon since the earliest days of gen 1. I don't like the modern games so I started playing fangames like Prism and Vega and that's how I stumbled upon this forum. I used to frequent Pokémon forums back in the 00's and I find it cool that there are some of them still going and active, forums are the best. I also play competitive once in a while, but nothing too serious.

Nice to meet you all ^^

Years
  • Hi everyone !
    I'm 31 and a fan of Pokémon since the earliest days of gen 1. I don't like the modern games so I started playing fangames like Prism and Vega and that's how I stumbled upon this forum. I used to frequent Pokémon forums back in the 00's and I find it cool that there are some of them still going and active, forums are the best. I also play competitive once in a while, but nothing too serious.

Nice to meet you all ^^
    Hello BWZ, and welcome to the forums!
    You have been into Pokémon since the beginning ? Neat! I did too, started with Red!
    What are your favourite fan games ? Mine are Insurgence and Reborn!
    It is nice to meet you too!

BWZ

Days
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    Welcome BWZ to the Pokémon Community Fourm ~
    Thank you ~
    Hello BWZ, and welcome to the forums!
    You have been into Pokémon since the beginning ? Neat! I did too, started with Red!
    What are your favourite fan games ? Mine are Insurgence and Reborn!
    It is nice to meet you too!
    Hello ! Hmmm tough question. I haven't played a lot of fangames, only Prism, Radical Red and Vega, among some other kaizo games. I like all of them for different reasons but my favourite is maybe Prism, i'm a big sucker for gen 2 graphics lol
    I've heard a lot of good things about Insurgence, it's on my shortlist of fangames to play next

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
  • Hello there BWZ, and welcome to the PC!

We've certainly got a lot of fangame stuff on here, sadly I don't really know how much as that's not my department lol. :p

Do you have any favorite Pokeon?

Years
  • I certainly recommend Insurgence! Reborn is great too, if you are fine with top level challenges and hairpulling puzzles. Then I can also suggest Zeta / Omicron and Solar Light - Lunar Dark. Insurgence is my top favourite though, with over 900 pokémon to add to pokédex (and a pretty good bunch of Delta Pokémon), lots of areas to explore, ... What makes Prism your favourite, besides the generation 2's graphics ?

Lavender

No, your gonna face ME first!
    Years
  • Hi everyone !

Nice to meet you all ^^
    Welcome BWZ!
    I don't really play fan games, but I love me some good competitive battling!
    anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to let me know! :D

BWZ

Days
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    Hello there BWZ, and welcome to the PC!

We've certainly got a lot of fangame stuff on here, sadly I don't really know how much as that's not my department lol. :p

Do you have any favorite Pokeon?
    Hello ! I'm not going to be original, it's Charizard ! Some of my other favourites are Articuno , Dragonite , Mewtwo, Ttar, Lugia, or Garchomp but Zard was my first love ^^
    I certainly recommend Insurgence! Reborn is great too, if you are fine with top level challenges and hairpulling puzzles. Then I can also suggest Zeta / Omicron and Solar Light - Lunar Dark. Insurgence is my top favourite though, with over 900 pokémon to add to pokédex (and a pretty good bunch of Delta Pokémon), lots of areas to explore, ... What makes Prism your favourite, besides the generation 2's graphics ?
    Lots of interesting stuff, thanks for the recommendations. Challenge is the primary reason why I play romhacks so Reborn sounds good to me. Plus if I survived Vega 7th gym puzzle, I can probably survive anything lol
    Prism has a lot of good qualities, like a decent challenge, nice variety of puzzles, 3 additional types but gen 2 graphics and soundtrack is what makes the difference for me. It's by far my favourite gen so it's a big soft spot for me.
    Plus it has Larvitar as a starter so it's an autowin for me
    Welcome BWZ!
    I don't really play fan games, but I love me some good competitive battling!
    anyway, if you have any questions, feel free to let me know! :D
    Hey, thanks !

Years
  • Hello ! I'm not going to be original, it's Charizard ! Some of my other favourites are Articuno , Dragonite , Mewtwo, Ttar, Lugia, or Garchomp but Zard was my first love ^^

Lots of interesting stuff, thanks for the recommendations. Challenge is the primary reason why I play romhacks so Reborn sounds good to me. Plus if I survived Vega 7th gym puzzle, I can probably survive anything lol
    Prism has a lot of good qualities, like a decent challenge, nice variety of puzzles, 3 additional types but gen 2 graphics and soundtrack is what makes the difference for me. It's by far my favourite gen so it's a big soft spot for me.
    Plus it has Larvitar as a starter so it's an autowin for me
    Yay! Charizard is my top favourite too, always been! No Pokémon beats fire breathing winged dragon starter!
    If you decide to try Reborn, good luck! You also might see, in this game, where my inspiration came from! ^^
    Larvitar's line is also one of my favourites!

Setsuna

♡ Setsuna Scarlet Storm!!
    Years
  • Hi everyone !

Nice to meet you all ^^

Hey there

Nice to meet you, welcome to PC! I felt the same way, finding it cool that PC was still an active forum when I joined.

I see a lot of your favourite Pokemon are from the earlier generations, are you more of a fan of those compared to the more recent generations?

Hope to see you around!

BWZ

Days
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    Hey there !
    I don't really like the modern gens ... Nostalgia may have a part in it but I don't find the new games to be fun to play and a lot of it has to do with Gamefreak's direction of the games
    It doesn't mean I don't like the newer Pokémon though ^^ I find a lot of them cool looking, like Corviknight, Dragapult, Noivern but I'll always be biaised in favor of the earlier ones since I grew up with them !

BWZ

Days
    • Seen May 17, 2024
    Hello!

Have you played any of the spinoff games, like say the PMD games?
    Hey there =) !
    I played only the first PMD on GBA like 5 or 6 years ago. It was a bit on the easy side but it's quite a good game, I liked it ^^
    When I was a kid , I've played both TCGs and Pinball on Gameboy and I remember them fondly ! I still listen to TCG's OST from time to time.
    I also have Conquest on my backlog since the game's release but I haven't played it yet lol

Last edited:
    Back