• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HEY YO. Hello. :3

Sophia Oyamoto

Clefairy Biggest Fan
    Years
    I'm new here. Actually, it's my first time joining a phorum (it's a phorum, right?).
    I expect everybody to be kind and honest. Am I expecting too much?! n_n'

I'm not really American. I'm not Japanese either. I live in Brazil, but I think I can handle a conversation, so please, don't be shy!

I've got Diamond, Soul Silver and White versions. However, my competitive team is in the Diamond version, so I can't battle with 5th generation pokémon yet.

I'm working on it though. :B ~

It's called a forum, yep! Phorum is the name of a forum software website if I remember right.

Anyway, welcome to PC! Expecting people here to be kind and honest definitely isn't expecting too much, as we have a lovely userbase here. <: I see you already applied for a mentor, which is a great start!

Out of curiosity, have you ever played earlier generations of Pokemon such as Red/Blue/Yellow or Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, or are you a somewhat newer fan?

Sophia Oyamoto

Clefairy Biggest Fan
    Years
    Thanks for making it clear! Now I know it's a forum and not a phorum.
    Two letters make all the difference. XD

Actually I'm a huge Pokémon fan. I like it since I was 9.
    In fact, I've played the first versions.
    In Japanese!
    I felt so happy when I found out Pokémon would follow us in HGSS. It remembers me of my Pokémon Yellow days when a chubby Pikachu would follow me all over Kanto.

I have been playing since then, but never joined a forum before to exchange Friend Codes. I used a social network called Orkut where I could find other players easily.

Now that Facebook is popular here in Brazil, Orkut has been forgotten. D:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Facebook only just became popular in Brazil? It's becoming less popular if anything in North America now...probably because everyone and their dog has an account. I only use mine for games, and I do a lot less of that now. :P

How far are you in White? I'm done the first E4 in Black and am now taking my time; I am on an attempt to fill the entire 649 Pokémon Pokédex. This does include three that do not exist in North America yet; the Japanese Keldeo (647) is already floating around there from the movie release, ours comes likely in January with B2/W2 already out for three months, but could drop by November or even as early as the October release date given the new game is out here on October 9 or so. Discussion of the Keldeo event can ocur elsewhere, however, as with the two behind it.

I see you are a Clefairy fan. I'm a fan of beating up the Unovan equivalent: Audinos. They are dripping with experience. Third highest experience drop in all the games, in fact. Chansey and Blissey are the two highest.

We both have Soul Silver, but if you need any Black exclusives for White (Unova Dex is practically complete, all breedables are there), I can help you with that and even with some post-E4 ones if you want them early. I might be interested in some White exclusives too, especially from the White Forest; since there are a lot more Pokémon exclusive to White because of that area, I can send Eggs too. If you wish to do that or have any other questions about anything, contact me outside of this thread. :)

So again: welcome, sit and stay a spell. And be wary of Hikari and her Twin Oshawottz; they know Sweet Kiss.

Cyclone

Sophia Oyamoto

Clefairy Biggest Fan
    Years
    Oh, thanks for answering! It seems I've made a new friend. :3
    I guess we can help each other out!

Facebook has been very popular in Brazil for the past three years.
    Orkut had the favoritism before, but now it's dying.

About the White version, well... I just beat the game. I mean, the first part when you defeat N and stuff. Now that I got the National Dex, I'm expecting to trade a lot.
    Maybe I'll get some pokémon from my Soul Silver and Diamond too.
    I've completed my pokédex in both of'em. :D

Yeah, I <3 Clefairy so much! I know it's weak, but it's absolutely adorable.
    I like it so much that I made a Clefable reach the lvl 100.

Then I beat the Platinum's E4 with it. XD

Thanks for making it clear! Now I know it's a forum and not a phorum.
    Two letters make all the difference. XD

Actually I'm a huge Pokémon fan. I like it since I was 9.
    In fact, I've played the first versions.
    In Japanese!
    I felt so happy when I found out Pokémon would follow us in HGSS. It remembers me of my Pokémon Yellow days when a chubby Pikachu would follow me all over Kanto.

I have been playing since then, but never joined a forum before to exchange Friend Codes. I used a social network called Orkut where I could find other players easily.

Now that Facebook is popular here in Brazil, Orkut has been forgotten. D:

I only played Pearl in Japanese since I couldn't wait for the English release. XD;; Got so impatient after seeing all the awesome previews over at Serebii! That's really awesome that you're a longtime fan, I love meeting people that're like me in that regard.

And the follow feature is one of the best ever, I just wish they made Pokemon more interact-able (and kept following in B/W). Sadly I've never really heard of Orkut, probably because Facebook has taken over in terms of popular social networking sites. D:

I hope you've been having fun here so far~! <3

Sophia Oyamoto

Clefairy Biggest Fan
    Years
    Yep, it has been fun so far.

Yeah, it was easier for me to play the Japanese versions because my parents are Japanese. So I got to learn a bit of the language.

So you're an old times fan just like me? I know it's rude to ask a girl's age, but being a girl myself I feel fearless all of a sudden. Hahaha! XD

How old are you? :3

Back