• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

HGSS: Changing a mon’s Typing?

Years
    • Seen Sep 24, 2023
    First post so I apologize if there's some formatting rules I don't know about (if this is the wrong place to ask this question, just let me know where I should post it instead).

I've been playing some ROMs recently, and in one of them I saw a balance change for one of my favorite Pokémon, Ledian, to change it from Bug/Flying to Bug/Fighting to fit more with the Kamen Rider reference. However, the hack I'm most interested in playing right now, Storm Silver, does not have this typing change.

I'm completely inexperienced with hacking or editing files, but I would really like to know if it's possible to make this change myself, and if it is, how I would go about doing this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Back