• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen HGSS Team Rocket, or DPPl Team Galactic?

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • So in Generation IV, we saw two evil teams arise. One had already had the experience of being villains while the others were brand new to a brand new region. We have Team Rocket and Team Galactic, both who have endless dreams of domination and abducting Pokemon. Team Rocket has stuck around longer, since the very beginning and their plot is to steal Pokemon off the innocent.

Team Galactic's plot however is far deeper. They wanted more than power, they wanted much more. Cyrus wanted the unthinkable. He wanted to destroy the Pokemon universe, by using the help of Giratina. He wanted to erase the universe, not dominate it but erase it from existence completely.

Battle-wise, they both had a fair appearance of the same Pokemon. Team Rocket used Pokemon such as Rattatas and Zubats along with Koffings while Galactic had common appearances of Glameows, Puruglys and Stunkys. Who did you think was a harder challenge to face, whether it be the grunts or the big cheeses? (the commanders.)

Lastly my question to you is which evil team of the Fourth Generation did you like better? Design wise? Try and explain your post rather than just give a short answer, reasons are always good! So yeah discuss away

Sirfetch’d

I far preferred Team Galactic over Team Rocket despite liking HGSS more than DPPt. Team Rocket is such a dull, boring, generic villainous team. Their motives and ambitions have always bored me to death haha while Team Galactic was really interesting! While I wasn't a huge fan of the DPPt games, this villanous squad made things quite interesting and brought much more of a challenge to the game imo than Team Rocket ever could!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I far preferred Team Galactic over Team Rocket despite liking HGSS more than DPPt. Team Rocket is such a dull, boring, generic villainous team. Their motives and ambitions have always bored me to death haha while Team Galactic was really interesting! While I wasn't a huge fan of the DPPt games, this villanous squad made things quite interesting and brought much more of a challenge to the game imo than Team Rocket ever could!

Basically this, although I loved the DPPt games, haha. :) Team Galactic was wild and over the top in everything from clothes to goals and they also had awesome battle music so I never really got tired of fighting all those grunts! But compared to generic Team Rocket, they stand out even more.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Team Galactic.

Their plans consisted of creating a new universe, taking control of the Creation Trio, and "attracting Pokemon in large numbers". They were an ambitious team with a leader who was determined to fulfill his goals. Team Galactic was a breath of fresh universe, in my opinion.

Years
  • Like what the others said, Team Galactic.

Their plot was very interesting and one that kept me on the edge of my seat, unlike Team Rocket's dull, boring plot. Galactic also had much cooler-looking uniforms, and of course that hilarious "we must attract Pokemon in great numbers" line that always cracks me up.

Sniper

ふゆかい
    Years
  • Probably Team Galactic.

They had better vision and mission planned. Also in technology and wisdom, they had far more than Team Rocket. I'd say, they are the most awesome villain team in-game.

Splash

But nothing happened.
    Years
  • Because I like classic stuff Im gonna go with team rocket. Team galactic has an exaggerated plan which only the leader knows so.. *insert crazy scientist meme*

Years
  • Team Rocket.

Team galactic doesn't even want to create a new universe.

It's a bunch of brainless people who are, for whatever reason, blindly following their crazy reason.

I like Team Rocket, having tons of operations all over the regions with one goal- steal Pokemon. I myself would have trouble deciding if I should join TR on that bridge...ok, I wouldn't, but still, the idea is interesting.

Now if we were to compare Team Rocket to Cyrus

It would be a tie. I like how Cyrus thinks (even though it makes very little sense), but the idea is intriguing. But the whole bunch of people who have no idea what they are doing (they admit that themselves) is kinda a turn off for me lol.

Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I think Team Rocket is better than Team Galactic even though my name is supposed to be Galactic Commander Ness

Years
  • I've never had to compare the two before and now that I'm thinking about it it's actually harder than I was expecting lol :)

Right I'm gonna break this up into sections lol... in terms of grunts, I prefer Team Rocket's. When it comes to Grunts I tend to prefer more amusing ones, and while I can't think of any particularly memorable Galactic grunts, I don't think anyone can forget Mr. Hyuck Hyuck Hyuck! from Team Rocket lol :)

Admin-wise, I'm going with Galactic. As cool as Ariana was, Jupiter's probably my all-time favourite admin :) Mainly for her design but I also liked that she used a Skuntank (one of my favourite Sinnoh Pokémon) and that her hair colour matched her ace Pokémon lol :) Also her banter with Mars was kinda funny, the fact that you faced those two together and also separately helped me to care more about them for some reason.

Boss-wise, Cyrus for me. He's SO much more involved than Giovanni, and while I actually do like the mystery behind his (Giovanni's) character, I think HGSS would have benefitted a LOT more from having at least a few interactions with him; it's hard to be satisfied when you beat Team Rocket when you haven't beaten the leader to do so.

So... on paper it probably looks like I prefer Team Galactic but I think for me... my favourite is Team Rocket. Even though the majority of the game was taken up by the Grunts, I liked them enough to not let this be a problem :) Especially when the protagonist disguises themself in the Radio Tower and all the Grunts are completely oblivious lol xD I also liked that their goal wasn't necessarily region-specific in terms of them not having to rely on legendaries to carry out their aims; which then allowed them to spread into other regions which for me seemed to make them more of a threat in a way, I dunno lol :)

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Team Galactic had a slightly more of a unique ambition compared to the rest of the villainous teams. I also liked the theme they had going on along with their members, admins etc.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2014
    Team Galactic. Team Rocket was boring whilst Team Galactic brought undoubtedly the best storyline in a pokemon game.. It isn't a contest.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, it's got to be Team Rocket.

First and foremost is that Team Rocket is the original criminal origination, and while this isn't necessarily a reason to be choosing them over others, it still does come into play for me; I've known them ever since I was introduced to Pokémon, as I've seen them in anime. Being able to go head-to-head against them was, for me, pretty intriguing.

Unlike other groups, their work aren't too complex; they're rather simply and straightforward. For them, their main goal is to steal Pokémon, if I'm not mistaken, and that's all. Even if Team Rocket disbands, they always have chance of getting back together at any given time, as proven in second-generation games. Of course, it could be argued that any team's able to do such things if they choose, but for some, it's not exactly possible. For this one, however, I suppose it is.

Galactic's great in their own, respective way, but I'm personally not as much of a huge fan.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • Design-wise and concept-wise I prefer Team Plasma. They're cool and actually want to accomplish devastatingly destructive things. (Ummm, destroy the current universe to recreate another one...um what!?) While their haircuts are...unique, they're definitely better than Team Rocket's, for which for the most part you can't even see their hair aside from their leaders'.

#TeamGalactic

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Team Galactic of course.

They hatched up a scheme to create a new Universe. This is the only team by far that came very close to achieving their goal, especially Anime wise. Cyrus is an awesome antagonists. Especially how he abandoned Team Galactic to go to his new creation alone. He abandoned all emotion. He's perfect.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2015
    GA-LAC-TIC! GA-LAC-TIC! Galactic was far better than Team Rocket. Team Rocket may well have been Team Grass Watchers, they were that generic.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Team Galactic's ambitious plans and the extent they went to to try and fulfill them made me love them. Team Galactic's not only my preferred choice over Team Rocket, but also my favourite team in all of Pokemon. They weren't generic and were a breath of fresh air, giving up the normal world domination for creating a whole new universe. I always like a team who tries their best to play God.

I assure you, that isn't my nostalgia talking.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Galactic was more fun but if it was different storyline with the rockets and more exciting it'd be better there needs to be more from them really

Years
  • Well...Galactic had the better admins, in my opinion. I attempted to nuzlocke Diamond once, and I lost a few Pokemon to Jupiter and Mars....granted, this was probably because I slacked off on grinding levels, but all the same, that Purugly and Skuntank are really tough at the beginning of the game.

Team Rocket...their uniforms looked better, but they weren't too challenging, except maybe for Archer's Houndoom. But I feel that Team Galactic had more interesting and complex motives so I guess I prefer them over Team Rocket.

Back