• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hi everyone!

Years
  • This probably should of been my first post! LOL.

My name is Lauren. I haven't played pokemon since the first and second generation on the gameboy color when I was a teenager. My husband recently bought me a DSI along with SS, Black, White and I recently got Diamond too. My husband got interested in Pokemon and found an original DS at a pawn shop and we ended up with Leaf Green and Emerald, then we picked up sapphire and ruby at gamestop.

I'm having so much fun learning the new games (and the old ones, too)and I'm really enjoying SoulSilver since my original Silver game was my favorite back when I was a teen. My husband is playing the emerald version and he really likes it.

I have so much to learn, I'm glad I've found you all. :D

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
  • Cool, old people who like Pokemon! I'm guess that's how you and your husband met or something? To be honest, if I met a girl because of Pokemon, I would be so happy, and be all like, awesome with her, trading and stuff. But enough about me, tell me more about you!

How are you liking the new games, considering you haven't played them? Do you find them entertaining at all? I'm in love with Black, and I try to at least play it everyday for a little bit of time, even if it is only to say, move a Pokemon from my PC to my party. It's all good and stuff. Do you have a favourite Pokemon at all? How did you find this place? Are you having fun here at the moment?

Well, I should really stop asking questions and finish off (I'm trying to make my greetings shorter). So make sure you read the rules, and don't be afraid to shoot anyone a VM if your having trouble with anything. But most of all, have fun! :D

Oh, and welcome. :P

Years
  • Cool, old people who like Pokemon! I'm guess that's how you and your husband met or something? To be honest, if I met a girl because of Pokemon, I would be so happy, and be all like, awesome with her, trading and stuff. But enough about me, tell me more about you!

How are you liking the new games, considering you haven't played them? Do you find them entertaining at all? I'm in love with Black, and I try to at least play it everyday for a little bit of time, even if it is only to say, move a Pokemon from my PC to my party. It's all good and stuff. Do you have a favourite Pokemon at all? How did you find this place? Are you having fun here at the moment?

Well, I should really stop asking questions and finish off (I'm trying to make my greetings shorter). So make sure you read the rules, and don't be afraid to shoot anyone a VM if your having trouble with anything. But most of all, have fun! :D

Oh, and welcome. :P

I had to laugh at the old people part.... I'm 26. I guess I don't view myself as old yet. Ha Ha! My husband is 26 too. We actually met when we were 15 and have been together since then. I can't say Pokemon brought us together. More of the boy moves next door and has a cute puppy, story. :D

I really did like the Black game. When I got my games I actually started playing SS first because I was more familiar with that one. I was so shocked, amazed and excited by how beautiful the graphics were. I had only played on my Gb Color and have never even seen what Pokemon looked like on the DS.

After playing SS for a while I started up the Black game. I did miss my old Pokemon for a while. I had a hard time at first with it because I wasn't sure which Pokemon I wanted in my team. I really liked having "friends" along for the ride in this game and the graphics were even more amazing than SS. I thought it was totally cool.

My favorite pokemon would have to be my very first starter from long ago, Charmander. I just love the evolutions and I was always happy when I finally got my Charizard.

I found this forum by googling "pokemon forums". I've been on forums for a long time. I started going to forums when I got my first chinchilla. Chinchillas are complicated pets and I wanted to learn everything I could about them. I thought it would be cool to find a forum for pokemon and meet other people who like the game as much as I do. :D

I am definitely enjoying my time here. I love reading the threads and find a lot of them very interesting.

Years
  • Hi! I just joined yesterday :D. This place does seem like a helpful place doesn't it? You husband plays pokemon with you? That is great! I keep trying to get my boyfriend to play it with me, but....he's more into World of Warcraft and League of Legends.

It's really great that you were able to come back to pokemon after a few years. That just shows how much this game is not just for kids.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Hi, Lauren! Welcome to PC and welcome back to Pokemon! I'm a long time fan too, except that I've been sticking with the games fairly consistently. I used to have Blue, Silver, and Crystal, and currently I have Sapphire, Leaf Green, Emerald, Pearl, Platinum, Soul Silver, and White. I must say that Platinum (because of the storyline) and Leaf Green (because of the awesome female playable character) are my favorites.

You've come to the right place! Here, we have topics dedicated to every generation of Pokemon games, so take a look there if you need more info. Or just ask... we here at PC are a friendly and helpful group, and we're more than happy to help out! Have fun on PC, and getting back into Pokemon, and I hope to see you around!

P.S. I'm even older than you... maybe not quite the 85 it says on my profile, but still :P

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Hey there, Lauren! Welcome to the PokeCommunity! Glad to see you joining us! And you're one of the oldest members here. So your husband is into Pokemon too? That sounds interesting! OMG, my favorite game is Pokemon Silver, I used to play it all the time.

Learning the new games takes some time to get used to, with all the graphics and stuff. You can take a look at the Current Pokemon Gaming Discussions and the General Pokemon Gaming Discussions, where you can find topics about all the games. It's pretty cool! I guarantee you will love it here.

Make sure you read the rules and the FAQ, they're highly important for you to read them. Most importantly, have fun! See ya around! :)

JuniorGlaceonFan

Glaceon Go!
    Years
  • Hi Lauren i Barely Joined Too XD.But i just want to say its great to have another Fellow Pokemon Lover join the PC :D Hope to see you in the Forums ;D

Back