• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMA hi I'm back again

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Hi I haven't done one of these in a while so feel free to AMA and I shall answer! I went back and found the AMA I did when I was 13 and thought it'd be nice to see how much has changed since then :D

Years
    Sophie! 😊

What's your favorite place that you've traveled to? Are there any foods that you've tried while traveling that you really liked/hated?

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Sophie! 😊

What's your favorite place that you've traveled to?

Hi Austin! My favourite place that I've travelled to would be a difficult one. I spent a lot of time as a child reading books or watching movies that often featured cities such as London, New York City, Paris, Rome and to be able to see those cities in person was an experience I won't ever forget so I would say one of those. I have always loved history so as a whole, the continent of Europe was my favourite by far to explore. The history there is super interesting.

Within Australia, my favourite city would have to be the Gold Coast! I went there a lot as a child and remember spending so much time at the theme parks, beaches and we would always turn it into a big road trip. I have a lot of fond memories of it and hope to go again one day. For particular places, I remember also being mesmerized by Yosemite National Park when I went. The scenery there is beautiful. It's what got me into exploring national parks and I would love to travel the world and hike all the famous national parks one day. :D

Are there any foods that you've tried while traveling that you really liked/hated?

This is going to sound ??? but I have always remembered this one apple cereal tart I had in Venice every morning through the hotel breakfast. It has been literal years and I still think of it sometimes. Some other foods I've tried whilst overseas that I've liked… I liked trying all the candy and cereal they had in America! Some of them had very ??? names like Sugar Daddy so of course I had to buy them to see what they were. I also remember being excited to try mozzarella sticks and fried onion rings in the US, even though that's probably super normal to eat.

Disliked foods… I didn't try it but I saw spiders and scorpions being served on a stick once. I feel ill just thinking about it.

heya Sophie!

what does your user title "the pretender" mean?

Hi Roni! My user title is from the song The Pretender by The Foo Fighters. I made it my usertitle when I was 13 because it was one of my favourite songs at the time and I thought that it'd sound nice as a usertitle. Haven't thought of a better usertitle since so I have just left it :')

Years
    Hi Roni! My user title is from the song The Pretender by The Foo Fighters. I made it my usertitle when I was 13 because it was one of my favourite songs at the time and I thought that it'd sound nice as a usertitle. Haven't thought of a better usertitle since so I have just left it :')
    oh shoot you got excellent taste! i love that song but just never made the connection heh.

what other bands do you like/listen to?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Ah! Welcome back Aslan! It's always great to see you around the forums. :)

Favorite anime & least favorite anime?

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 30, 2024
    Sophie! <3

Maybe I should know already but... favorite / least favorite Pokémon game and why? And favorite Pokémon? as long as it's not Snorlax ofc!
    May we challenge each other again in Skribblio soon :p

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    oh shoot you got excellent taste! i love that song but just never made the connection heh.

what other bands do you like/listen to?

My music taste is all over the place but to name some artists - I love Sufjan Stevens, Carly Rae Jepsen, Rina Sawayama, Charli XCX... Monsune only has a few songs but I like him too. For bands - Of Monsters and Men, Two Door Cinema Club and Snow Patrol are still some I listen to. I listen to K/DA a lot when I'm exercising for some reason.

There are a lot of artists I like the few songs I've heard but I haven't taken the time to listen to much like MGMT, Radiohead, half-alive, Peach Pit, Frank Ocean etc. but I'm always down for recs! I'm trying to explore new music as I have overplayed the same few songs to death at this point so maybe this answer will change soon.

Ah! Welcome back Aslan! It's always great to see you around the forums. :)

Favorite anime & least favorite anime?

Thank you, I've always loved seeing you around on the forums so that means a lot :D I think my favourite anime would be Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I haven't watched it in years but I've been reading through the manga again and it has been just as exciting. Haikyuu is also a favourite but I have also loved Hunter x Hunter (2011), Your Lie in April and Blue Exorcist. My least favourite anime, I don't think I have one but maybe the 2nd half of Sword Art Online as it was... not... great..

omg hi sophie!!!!! whats ur fav game

HI TYLER - I don't play too many video games these days if I'm being honest! Pokemon is an obligatory answer but I think for me what I've always loved about video games is about enjoying it with other people. I love playing video games with friends when I go to see them so I have a lot of fond memories playing games like Mario Kart, which aren't as fun alone! Same goes for online games like League of Legends, I like the game and can play by myself but I have a lot of memories from playing it with both online and real life friends. By myself, my favourites I've liked are Maplestory, Stardew Valley, Animal Crossing and the one Ace Attorney game I ever got through (will need to play the rest soon)

Sophie! <3

Maybe I should know already but... favorite / least favorite Pokémon game and why? And favorite Pokémon? as long as it's not Snorlax ofc!
    May we challenge each other again in Skribblio soon :p

Hi Loomie <3 My favourite Pokemon game is Pokemon Platinum as it is what introduced me to the series! Without it, I doubt I would have come to PC when I did. Heartgold and Soulsilver are close though. My least favourite Pokemon game from the main series is probably any Gen 7 game. I didn't really feel engaged by it and I haven't tried Sword and Shield. I also remember spending a lot of time getting frustrated over Pokemon Ranger when I was younger so maybe that?!

My favourite Pokemon is Arcanine - I used to go by Rainbow Arcanine on the forums and HONESTLY, that username was just foreshadowing. I never had a particular reason for it, I just think Arcanine looks super cool! What is wrong with Snorlax though I think he's cute :(

And yes let's play more rounds of skribbl.io with everyone, maybe for this year's GT?!

I also just realised from all these answers that I'm very indecisive about favourites but thanks for the questions :D

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    Hiya Sophie! I'm 99% sure you love Harry Potter and Narnia - what about them makes them special to you? Is Harry Potter your favourite film series? What other films do you love?

What pet would you have if you went to Hogwarts? What classes would interest you most?

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Hiya Sophie! I'm 99% sure you love Harry Potter and Narnia - what about them makes them special to you?

Hi Annie!

Harry Potter did have a lot of meaning to me growing up. It was special to me for 2 reasons: 1) the influence of Professor Lupin on who I became and 2) a secondary reason is that it is what inspired me to read more.

Growing up, Professor Lupin was my childhood role model and who I aspired to be like. I respected how he never let his hardship jade how he interacted with others, how he was resilient, kind-hearted, hardworking and mature. I emulated a lot of what I saw and to this day I still think I am largely who I am because of him. I struggled with trauma from an ED and I do think I could have easily been a resentful, bitter and self-defeating person about what happened to me. I struggled with anger a lot when I was a child at anything I found unfair so it wouldn't have surprised me. But I decided at the time that I wanted to be resilient and kind-hearted like him, no matter how hard my life got. He's not the sole reason for my personality now but I have him to thank for a lot. It is incredible how much meaning one can get from a character.

The secondary reason Harry Potter is special to me is it was what inspired me to read more - I was hooked from the first book until the last one. Since then, I have loved reading and finding books that give me the same feeling of excitement and escapism as Harry Potter did. These days, I don't know how to feel about Harry Potter purely because of how disgraceful J.K. Rowling turned out to be as a person but I have to acknowledge the impact it had on me.

Regarding Narnia, I am sorry to everyone I have disappointed but I am quite a fake fan! I have read the first 3 books but past that, I never got around to finishing the series. However I will say that I did really enjoy what I had read so I will have to return to it. I just thought Narnia and later Aslan would be cool sounding usernames, hah. :D

Is Harry Potter your favourite film series?
    Harry Potter is probably my favourite film series but I also haven't watched many film series to have any competition! I have watched a lot of the movies multiple times as we have the DVDs and I still like seeing them.

What other films do you love?

Films I like... some I have liked (not in any particular order): Edward Scissorhands, Groundhog Day, Goodwill Hunting, Amelie, Wonder, The Social Network, The Imitation Game, Call Me By Your Name, most Studio Ghibli films … I also always love fun films like Legally Blonde, Mean Girls, 10 Things I Hate About You, Devil Wears Prada, High School Musical etc. I also like watching films with friends I would never otherwise watch ('trashy' films, poorly made action films etc.) I'd love to see more films as I've only really started watching films as of the last year in my spare time. Its been fun exploring though!

What pet would you have if you went to Hogwarts? What classes would interest you most?
    If I had a pet in Harry Potter, I would love a cat! I have always wanted a black and white cat. That's an interesting question. I think I would have been excited to learn a lot of the subjects at Hogwarts. Honestly I would be interested in every class which is strange because I have always thought of myself as being the least like Ravenclaw. Maybe Defence Against the Dark Arts if I had to choose as I could see myself wanting to go into a career related to it.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Have you read the Percy Jackson books?

I haven't actually! I spent my childhood reading Harry Potter and it never occurred to me to check out Percy Jackson. I know a lot of people who loved it though. It does sound interesting as I think it involves Greek mythology. I have read a bit of the first book a few years ago but I got distracted and never finished it - perhaps I will have to get around to reading the series properly one of these days, thanks for the idea :D

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Do you have a favorite horror film?

Hm I'm not too sure on this one! I have only watched a few horror movies so far and all of them have been with friends. I think out of the ones I have seen so far, I enjoyed the psychological horror of The Shining. Whilst not necessarily scary, I remember feeling so creeped out and unsettled by it. It helped that instead of being with friends in-person, we watched it remotely so I remember watching it at night in the dark alone which added to it. That being said, I think my favourite horror films are the ones my friends and I get the most entertainment out of - if I ever got the courage to watch horror movies alone, I think my answer would be different. But for now I enjoy more 'fun' horror films like IT etc. :D

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Where did you and your best friend meet?

I wouldn't say I have a 'best friend', but maybe I can talk about where I met my closest friends? I have only considered one person as my best friend and that was when I was 5 or 6 - my best friend was a kid I met on the first day of Kindergarten. I don't consider him my best friend anymore and I would have said we're not too close these days. But after going to seperate high schools, it turns out he's doing the same degree as me at university so I see and talk to him a lot nowadays as we try to take the same classes if we can!

My current closest friends in person... I met one in primary school but was not friends with them till high school and I met the other one in very early HS. We all used to go on the same train so I'd see them a lot and we just got along super well! My other closest friend, I also met in high school because we had our core classes together in junior HS and we ended up sitting next to each other in Science, I think. I feel like I can talk to them about anything which is rare with people so I really appreciate all the fun (and more serious) chats we have about everything.

If we are also counting online friends, my closest friends online I met when I first joined PC on my original account so 8-9 years ago in 2012. They're definitely my 3 closest online friends in that we basically just interact like we're real life friends (social media, sending photos/videos, voice calls, playing video games together etc.) I've had a lot of fun and memories with them over the years and even met 1 of them in-person (planning to see another one in the future!) And though life has been busier and we don't see each other as often, I have appreciation for all the great times we've had and how I've basically grown up around them. It blows my mind we've managed to talk somewhat consistently for 9 years. Their support definitely has helped me out so much and I appreciate PC for letting me meet them :)

Back