• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Questions] Hi, just started looking in to my old pokemon cards. Is this an error?

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2023
    Hello,

Havent looked at my old pokemon cards for a long while and I have started to read online on how to value the cards. I have about 100 holo/reverse holo cards and 1000+ other cards from the early start of pokemon, mostly 1998-2000 and bunch from 2002-2006. These cards have only been used during those years and never traded or looked at after 2006.

Im looking at picture 1, 1st edition Erika's Paras. Seems like an error in the bottom not showing year? Is this an increased value?

Looking at pictures 2 and 3 seems to have a somewhat high value online but since the condition isnt 100% perfect, is there any value in trying to sell them?

Thanks in advance, a total beginner at pokemon cards but I appreciate any help.

//best regards
    Jakob

Attachments

• Hi, just started looking in to my old pokemon cards. Is this an error?
      1.jpg
      790.7 KB · Views: 13
      2.jpg
      814.6 KB · Views: 9
      3.jpg
      614.2 KB · Views: 8

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    The Paras may be fake. Might be able to tell better if you took a side-by-side shot with another Erika's Paras but, compared to the other cards here, the text and imagery seem a bit too sharp imo.

As for the value of the other cards, the best I can suggest is to look up and average what the individual cards have recently sold for on eBay (in comparable condition). I wouldn't expect much out of these, but some damaged cards can still fetch a bit.

Years
    • Seen Mar 31, 2023
    Thanks for quick response!

Yeah looking at it More seems like a fake, the backside has a different colour from the rest. Kinda suprised its a fake since I havent touched them for 15 years.

Ebay best platform for selling/checking cards?

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    There are some other selling platforms, but eBay ranks #1 on all the lists I've checked.

As for checking cards, Price Charting is your go-to. It averages what cards have been going for on eBay for you. However, they don't have a specific category for damaged cards so you'll still have to check those manually on eBay. (Again, you'll want to check for "Recently Sold" items, not active listings.)

Back